Only Frens (No Non Frens)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I suppose that's like how one mod disregarded the "rules" and gave me 2 non expiring points when the rules say that "You’ll get a reminder or a warning and you will be banned from whatever thread you were bickering in." I'd be less salty on that if I ever saw that get applied equally.

Not like the rules really apply much. There's also one that says any comments featuring saracasm will be removed.

And then this gem: "Cut & Paste - We do not allow users to cut and paste content from other sites, we ask that you instead post your own summary and then a link to the original content." That one is hilarious as 25% of threads are just someone dropping a youtube, gatewaypundit, nationalreview link in a post and walking away.

Good times.
So if you were a mod, would sit there on a laptop or on your cell in split screen with the OSA rules on one screen, threads and comment on the other, and sit and compare each new post just waiting for your next chance to jump on someone? If we did, there wouldn't be anyone left lol.

Many/most here are great about moderating their self. If folks don't know, any post you(not just directed at you Rez) make and then delete, still shows up for the mods. I can't tell you how many times over the years folks have posted something that was WAY over the line, and then had a change heart, moment of sanity, or whatever and then deleted it almost immediately. If we were giving warnings on "self deleted" posts, there would be less folks here for sure, but we don't of course and don't ever plan to.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I said there is a new forum. I didnt say where. Or provide a link. They can as they will.

Id also like to point out the following regarding my friend. Here is a quote he sent me the other day about his situation.

“ no mod ever private messaged me and told me I need to cool it down. They just swung the ban hammer “.

I dont believe he would lie to me.

Why mention it if you don't want to draw attention to it? Folks would/will just PM you for the site lol. Just another example here that the mods aren't out to get anyone. If we were playing by the rules, black and white, I would have just sent you a reminder, and asked you to delete it or deleted myself.

Another example, JD8 and I have been going round and round in the Sports forum for about 24 hours now I think, he's free to think and post whatever he sees fit, he's not doing anything wrong, nobody here ever has to see eye to eye on anything and fear getting banned for it. Him, PHG, and Jevapa all frequented the same threads, conversations, etc...................it's not guilty by association around here, everyone is responsible for what they post, both seen and unseen.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if you were a mod, would sit there on a laptop or on your cell in split screen with the OSA rules on one screen, threads and comment on the other, and sit and compare each new post just waiting for your next chance to jump on someone? If we did, there wouldn't be anyone left lol.

Many/most here are great about moderating their self. If folks don't know, any post you(not just directed at you Rez) make and then delete, still shows up for the mods. I can't tell you how many times over the years folks have posted something that was WAY over the line, and then had a change heart, moment of sanity, or whatever and then deleted it almost immediately. If we were giving warnings on "self deleted" posts, there would be less folks here for sure, but we don't of course and don't ever plan to.
Look. I understand your point. First of all I wouldnt want to be a mod. Anywhere. Second. I knew the link I deleted was against company policy. Thats why I deleted it. I dont care of I get banned from this site, or any other for that matter. My life will go on. I enjoy OSA, but it isnt essential. I dont underatand why you insist on bringing up “Rez”. I have him blocked. We dont agree on ANYTHING. Therefore I have no desire to continually debate him over matters that no bearing on the universe. Unless you are trying to get him involved in our discussion.

The process used to ban PHG and JV was not followed properly. There are procedures and processes for that to happen. Were they a pain in the ass? YEA. Were they out of line from to time to time? YEA. Did they receive temp bans or bad boy points? To the best of my knowledge NO. Thats my complaint. Follow procedure and people like me done have a leg to stand on when we are not happen with a perma ban of our buddies. In this case I believe a temp ban was warranted, but not a permaban. Just my .02.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Look. I understand your point. First of all I wouldnt want to be a mod. Anywhere. Second. I knew the link I deleted was against company policy. Thats why I deleted it. I dont care of I get banned from this site, or any other for that matter. My life will go on. I enjoy OSA, but it isnt essential. I dont underatand why you insist on bringing up “Rez”. I have him blocked. We dont agree on ANYTHING. Therefore I have no desire to continually debate him over matters that no bearing on the universe. Unless you are trying to get him involved in our discussion.

The process used to ban PHG and JV was not followed properly. There are procedures and processes for that to happen. Were they a pain in the ass? YEA. Were they out of line from to time to time? YEA. Did they receive temp bans or bad boy points? To the best of my knowledge NO. Thats my complaint. Follow procedure and people like me done have a leg to stand on when we are not happen with a perma ban of our buddies. In this case I believe a temp ban was warranted, but not a permaban. Just my .02.
Lol, obviously if you have Rez blocked, you can't see his comments, he quoted your post, he's not said anything against you or about you whatsoever, I mentioned him directly because a couple of things he brought up applied to what I was saying.

As far as your last paragraph, "To the best of my knowledge NO. Thats my complaint". Not everyone sees everything that goes on, and just like nearly everything else in this world, things aren't always as they appear sometimes. Someone has to try pretty hard to get one's self removed from OSA. Also keep in mind, it's not only the mods who moderate here, admins and owners are involved as well, they own the place. They want what's best for OSA of course, and arbitrarily banning folks isn't good for business of course.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Haha! Guilty as charged! JperiodPperiod used to PM me ALL the time laughing at me for what I self-deleted back in the day. 😂😂 He'd tell me he wished I could post what I had deleted but he also said he was appreciative that I could tell when I'd gone off the deep end. 😇😂😂😂😂

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Split screen? No. But there's enough stories floating around where some people get warnings and some people get hammered that it does make it look like the rules are suggestions and some people get more leeway if they're cool or not. Lack of transparency isn't always a great thing.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, obviously if you have Rez blocked, you can't see his comments, he quoted your post, he's not said anything against you or about you whatsoever, I mentioned him directly because a couple of things he brought up applied to what I was saying.

As far as your last paragraph, "To the best of my knowledge NO. Thats my complaint". Not everyone sees everything that goes on, and just like nearly everything else in this world, things aren't always as they appear sometimes. Someone has to try pretty hard to get one's self removed from OSA. Also keep in mind, it's not only the mods who moderate here, admins and owners are involved as well, they own the place. They want what's best for OSA of course, and arbitrarily banning folks isn't good for business of course.
Im not saying the dudes a saint! Remember…. He IS a friend of mine. I know him well. I hate that the two got the permaban. I am not going to pretend to be okay with it. Ill tell you what I told him.

“If you guys had received bad boy points, and gotten a few temp bans, I wouldnt feel sorry for you at all. But just getting the hammer doesnt seem right.”

I wish there would have been a little more due process for the guys. Or at a minimum they would have received a pm saying what they did, and why temp ban and points process was bypassed. BUT the reality of the whole thing is that my life goes on, and so does theirs.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Split screen? No. But there's enough stories floating around where some people get warnings and some people get hammered that it does make it look like the rules are suggestions and some people get more leeway if they're cool or not. Lack of transparency isn't always a great thing.
"stories floating around" could very well be the problem, and usually is, and not just here on OSA but in general.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"stories floating around" could very well be the problem, and usually is, and not just here on OSA but in general.
I finally recieved an official "warning" for "bypassing site censor". Apparently in the "R" rated portion of the forum, a MEME I posted had the f word in it. Now I can't post in the MEME thread after letting mod know I won't post anymore curse words, or pics with curse words.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally recieved an official "warning" for "bypassing site censor". Apparently in the "R" rated portion of the forum, a MEME I posted had the f word in it. Now I can't post in the MEME thread after letting mod know I won't post anymore curse words, or pics with curse words.

You are SUCH a bad boy!! 😉😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom