Open Carrier Robbed and disarmed at gunpoint.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're "blind-sided" (ambushed) open or concealed won't matter. Sure, you can say he wasn't aware of his surroundings, and maybe he wasn't, but it's also possible to get ambushed even if you're being aware in some circumstances.

Congratulations! You properly interpreted my post! Some will attempt to show open carry fails as a deterrent because a few people may be victimized while open carrying. I was posting an example where it can happen if you conceal carry as well.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations! You properly interpreted my post! Some will attempt to show open carry fails as a deterrent because a few people may be victimized while open carrying. I was posting an example where it can happen if you conceal carry as well.
Lol, I have posted numerous instances of an OC firearm failing to be a deterrent. Why have I done this? So hopefully some people will question their position that OC fends off the bad men. I don't carry a weapon as talisman, but I support peoples right to be foolish if it doesn't affect me or mine. BTW, in 2 of the articles I have posted the individuals were targeted specifically for their firearm. Can you point me to where this has happened with CC?

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical case of carrying without the training and skill to back it up. Conceal carry classes issue permits but that doesn't mean squat. The people get their permits and because of apathy or of the lack of training classes and the cost of those classes if you could find one that's as far as they go. I'll bet this would never have happened if the guy was actually proficient with his gun and practiced good situational awareness but most people just get their permit, mount up their iron and go from there thinking that's all that's needed. He just found out having a gun is only a part of it but since he's blaming open carry and not himself, he's too stupid to carry safely and successfully.

Some cops get their guns taken too. Are they suffering from a lack of training? It can happen.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yessir, it does. And is EXACTLY why a lot of cops will only carry concealed unless on duty ... (My cop is one of those guys. He wouldn't open carry off duty even if the law allowed it ... LOL)

I am amazed at the number of folks who fail to learn from other folks' experiences ... I'm not "for" or "against" anything. I'm just kinda like that crusty old yukonjack feller ... I'm pretty sure it looks like a bad idea ... but ... to each their own ... You OC guys have the "right" now, so have at it. God forbid I ever have to pull my concealed gun, but if I do, I certainly hope there is one of you guys there to distract the bad guy(s)/gal(s) while I find some cover ... :wink2:
Friggin nailed it

Latest posts

Top Bottom