Open Carrier Robbed and disarmed at gunpoint.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny, I have no problem with the OC law. I actually support it. What I oppose is the practice of OC in the vast majority of cases.

That sounds exactly like the guys that claim to support the second amendment while telling us that nobody needs an "assault weapon" or "high capacity" magazines.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Norman. I agree with the law and if you want to OC that is fine. I just believe that in most circumstances it is not advantageous to me to open carry. When I am in a situation, it is usually better to have the advantage. I do like having the option if I do want to open carry.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, in 2 of the articles I have posted the individuals were targeted specifically for their firearm. Can you point me to where this has happened with CC?

Nope, just providing an example where even if you conceal carry your firearm can be used against you.

That guy in this story bought a gun because he was previously the victim of a crime and he carried that gun openly to try and intimidate potential bad guys. He obviously thought wearing the gun would keep bad guys away and that's all he wanted.

Actually, this took place in Wisconsin where at the time of this article, you could only open carry.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds exactly like the guys that claim to support the second amendment while telling us that nobody needs an "assault weapon" or "high capacity" magazines.

Lol so now I'm a FUD? c'mon man, you can do better than that. Truth be told, the VAST majority of people don't need them. They also don't need alcohol, 4WD vehicles or the amount of carbohydrates consumed. I still love them all though.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, just providing an example where even if you conceal carry your firearm can be used against you.
No kidding it can be used against you. That's why you don't try to pull it in a clinch. Position before submission ;)
That's also a good reason to carry at least one good knife.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you care, and how is it any of your business how someone else chooses to carry??

He has a vested interest as a carrier himself. If a LOT of people start carelessly running around, getting their pistols stolen (unlikely, but follow me here), that affects the public's perception, which would affect legislation, and affect the OP.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He has a vested interest as a carrier himself. If a LOT of people start carelessly running around, getting their pistols stolen (unlikely, but follow me here), that affects the public's perception, which would affect legislation, and affect the OP.

We are all part of the same team. As concealed carry guys & gals when we see an open carry guy struggling to retain possesion of his firearm from assailants, assess the situation and if you can, help him. Too many times, people don't want to get involved.

Edit: At the very least, call 911.

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats why two guns should be carried, if someone takes one , at least you have a GUN fight...ha ha

nothing in this world is a "fosure", do your own research, make your own decisions and get some dadgum training, ninny's

Latest posts

Top Bottom