Open carry being considered again in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Campaign bribery at the polls. Nothing more, IMO.

Could be.

The past few rounds of almost open carry legalization have worn me out on the subject. I'll make the calls and send the emails to let my representatives know how I feel, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are worried about open carry when your access to the civil justice system is being limited. Not just for people suffering personal injuries, or workers comp claims, but for the small business person who is screwed by big business.

Carry that hogleg sho' nough is important! Who cares that the working man is screwed courtesy of corporate immunity? You asked for it. Enjoy!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it'll never make it out of committee...again.

This.

Your legislator must support something at least as unrestrictive as the bill that got vetoed last year. Otherwise, they should be fired in November 2012.

Already on the list of legislators to NOT re-elect in 2012 are Doug Cox (R) and Charlie Joyner (R). Last year, they voted for the open carry bill twice, but refused to let an identical bill out of committee this year. Chuck Hoskin (D) voted for the bill the first time around, flipped his vote on the veto override, and voted against the identical bill in committee. Pam Peterson (R) should have her vote questioned because she voted against the bill last year but voted for it in committee after it's failure was assured.

Of course, every last one of them should really be voted out for plain ignorance of the Oklahoma Constitution that they are supposed to abide by with their legislation...

okiehomie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB1463 - College Carry allowed
HB1547 - Removes Sherrif's fees for fingerprints and passport photos
HB1553 - Removes gov't buildings, gov't meetings, professional sporting events, pari-mutuel wagering from prohibited places.
HB1652 - Removes Technology Center as prohibited place
HB1913 - Changes Misdemeanor drug conviction from permanent to temporary preclusion for handgun license (10 year)

HB1400 - Open carry without license - 18+

HB1470 - Legislation allowing open carry - non ballot
HB1796 - Open Carry referendum - Nov 2012 Election - Puts open carry on the ballot.

saw this on another site

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB1463 - College Carry allowed
HB1547 - Removes Sherrif's fees for fingerprints and passport photos
HB1553 - Removes gov't buildings, gov't meetings, professional sporting events, pari-mutuel wagering from prohibited places.
HB1652 - Removes Technology Center as prohibited place
HB1913 - Changes Misdemeanor drug conviction from permanent to temporary preclusion for handgun license (10 year)

HB1400 - Open carry without license - 18+

HB1470 - Legislation allowing open carry - non ballot
HB1796 - Open Carry referendum - Nov 2012 Election - Puts open carry on the ballot.

saw this on another site

It is encouraging to see the number of 2nd Amendment bills being drafted. But how do we get "practical" to get them passed?

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Oregon 10 yrs, we had an open carry law there, I never carried my weapon in plain sight,
I've always carried concealed.
If Okla. makes it legal to carry open, I will not carry openly,
Alto I do believe we have a right to carry I'm not into brandishing my weapon,
I pray I never have to use it.
WE the GOOD guy must be prepared, carry a BIG stick with walnut handles..
(BAD SHOT)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Oregon 10 yrs, we had an open carry law there, I never carried my weapon in plain sight,
I've always carried concealed.
If Okla. makes it legal to carry open, I will not carry openly,
Alto I do believe we have a right to carry I'm not into brandishing my weapon,
I pray I never have to use it.
WE the GOOD guy must be prepared, carry a BIG stick with walnut handles..
(BAD SHOT)

Carrying a pistol openly does not meet the definition of "brandishing".

Latest posts

Top Bottom