Open Carry Bill Introducted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open carry won't see the light of day anyway. Remember, Fallin fans, a yes in October is a veto in December.

What, the governator who said she would have passed OC instead of vetoing???

I'll hold my breath... personally, I think a lot of Reps and Senators probably voted for it knowing it would be vetoed, and I think they may vote agin it this time, worrying it may not be vetoed. Wouldn't put it past so many of them to vote FOR it, knowing it'd be vetoed, so they could CLAIM they were pro-2A, when they're really not.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda seems like a bad idea. Most guys that run in and rob a place are gonna drop the guys with guns first. In my opinion it's gonna put a big target on your back.

Yeah, and CCW is gonna lead to the OK Corral and blood running in the streets, too...

Funny... how many OCers you heard of being gunned down first at the beginning of a crime spree in one of the other 43 states that allow Open Carry?

None? Really? Hmmm.... how odd.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an SDA instructor, I think it is asinine to require someone to retake a class, just for the purposes of carrying a firearm in the open. While I do support the notion of requiring the class, if you have taken one you should be good to go. BTW, the biggest reason I support the requirement of a class has everything to do with laws of reciprocity, not the meager funds I get for teaching a class. The reason that Oklahoma's SDA is honored is so many states is because we do require the 8 hr class.... Even if it is a joke..

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SB 1092 by Sen. Steve Russell allows NRA instructors or Oklahoma Self Defense Act instructors to issue a document to students that they deem qualified to carry a firearm openly. There are no fees attached, however, a prerequisite is that they have been instructed on the open carry laws of Oklahoma.

The bill does not state whether or not this instruction can be in conjunction with or must be in addition to the current course offered for a concealed handgun license. It does not require the document to be issued. It does not set nor does it prohibit a fee for the document.

By the way, I'll be posting summaries here as I come across and read the bills.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont care much either way about the open carry, I can see it useful at times. Myself I would carry concealed about 99% of the time anyway. Will say it will be hard to sneak past the pesky no weapons signs with a pistol in plain veiw.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is ok if someone wants to OC but I don't think I would . I just want it to be where if I am CC and the gun is exposed I would not get into trouble.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the loophole is already there. I'm just gonna start open carrying and if I get questioned I will insist it is practice for a performance for entertainment purposes.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like Steve Russell also wants to let hunters use suppressors on their weapons. Read first four sentences.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20120116_16_A1_OKLAHO429066
Guns, smoking, texting among hot issues revived for another look by Oklahoma legislature
By BARBARA HOBEROCK World Capitol Bureau
Published: 1/16/2012 2:24 AM
Last Modified: 1/16/2012 2:35 PM

Ahh jeez... Sue Tibbs? I thought that wet paper bag was termlimiting out???

You can bet she'll do all she can to stop the open carry bill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom