Open Carry OK HB1414

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im for open carry as long as it is by permit only and still have the option to conceal

my thoughts exactly definately dont want some nut job open carrying just because now he can. This is kind of a hard subject as you have licensed conceal carry holders who have already taken a class and went through the motions to be completely legal. If this bill gets passed it should be somewhat of the same way to get your conceal carry i believe solely for the fact to deter the goofballs and maybe even be more acceptable by the general public that dont like firearms.

I'll be getting my CCW regardless just my thoughts on the subject.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my thoughts exactly definately dont want some nut job open carrying just because now he can. This is kind of a hard subject as you have licensed conceal carry holders who have already taken a class and went through the motions to be completely legal. If this bill gets passed it should be somewhat of the same way to get your conceal carry i believe solely for the fact to deter the goofballs and maybe even be more acceptable by the general public that dont like firearms.

I'll be getting my CCW regardless just my thoughts on the subject.

I know a few people with their CCW that make me worry! I wish they would make the class a little harder than it is

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
While I would likely never opt to carry openly, I am in full support of this bill becoming law for reasons that have already been articulated in this thread. I'm pretty careful about maintaining concealment, but I'd hate for the wind to get me in trouble. I've signed the petition (#5633), and I'll be contacting my legislators.

tin can

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am all for open carry...I am though sick and tired of the government feeling like they need to license us for everything we do. yes there needs to be some form of checks so you dont have some goof ball wack job carrying. But would love to see the government GET OUT of my business

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember it was Tibbs who buried the bill last session. Despite what she may have said in emails or letters about defending the 2A, when she had an opportunity, she begged off quoting "further study". That's your sign. Further study of....what?

Edit: House leadership did NOT like this bill. Probably still don't.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember it was Tibbs who buried the bill last session. Despite what she may have said in emails or letters about defending the 2A, when she had an opportunity, she begged off quoting "further study". That's your sign. Further study of....what?

Edit: House leadership did NOT like this bill. Probably still don't.

House leadership is predominantly Republican in Oklahoma. Not that I expect people to tow party line, but I'd be surprised if there weren't some gun rights' advocates among the bunch.

And if they don't like the bill, it's our job to be a bug in their ear to remind them to either pass it anyways, as this is a right that should never have been taken away to begin with, or to write a bill that will re-establish our rights while making them happy at the same time.

Sent off my letter to Rep. Tibbs today. Spent a lot of time trying to draft it to sound just right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom