Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of us don't see the need, but most of us want the option. :)

Exactly Jerry! I don't want to have to wear my fishing vest everyday because it gets hot out. I like to throw on my wife beater and pull it over my IWB carried gun and if it peeks out a little I don't want to lose my gun or right to carry my gun.

I have thought about carrying a gun like this with a laser on it that will remain on all the time.
awww.boomershooter.com_upload_images_61454275693967897802.jpg

I will carry it in a holster like this too. LOL!!!
awww.boomershooter.com_upload_images_31836168047761856239.jpg

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any new news on this?

I do not see any activity when I pull up the specific bill. Does it die if not addressed by today?

Hasn't been addressed yet today. It won't die until Thursday.

Saw a tweet that the Senate was discussing an open carry bill. Looking now because I thought they had all been molested by committee substitutes.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SENATE UPDATE:

I apologize for not catching the floor substitute that was made to SB129 on March 3rd. The floor substitute used the unlicensed open carry language, but kept the title stricken. It passed today 36-8, but with the title stricken it still has to go back to the Senate if the House concurs.

ETA: Possibly passed with restored title. Trying to find out now.

ETA2: Senate contacts believe it to still be stricken. The language allows for unlicensed open carry by anyone 18 years of age or older.

Last edited:

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SENATE UPDATE:

I apologize for not catching the floor substitute that was made to SB129 on March 3rd. The floor substitute used the unlicensed open carry language, but kept the title stricken. It passed today 36-8, but with the title stricken it still has to go back to the Senate if the House concurs.

ETA: Possibly passed with restored title. Trying to find out now.

ETA2: Senate contacts believe it to still be stricken. The language allows for unlicensed open carry by anyone 18 years of age or older.

What's a stricken title mean?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's a stricken title mean?

All bills must have a title and enacting clause. The "title" is the part that lists all the statutes that it is making a change to, like an index of the sections in the bill. The "enacting clause" is the Constitutionally required text of "BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OKLAHOMA".

Striking the title or enacting clause is a parliamentary game to make a vote more symbolic than anything.

A "stricken title" looks like this:

[ Oklahoma Self-Defense Act - adding condition - effective date*]​

An intact title looks like this:

An Act relating to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act; amending 21 O.S. 2001, Section 1289.6, which relates to conditions under which firearms may be carried; adding certain condition; and providing an effective date.​

Mirge

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All bills must have a title and enacting clause. The "title" is the part that lists all the statutes that it is making a change to, like an index of the sections in the bill. The "enacting clause" is the Constitutionally required text of "BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OKLAHOMA".

Striking the title or enacting clause is a parliamentary game to make a vote more symbolic than anything.

A "stricken title" looks like this:

[ Oklahoma Self-Defense Act - adding condition - effective date*]

An intact title looks like this:

An Act relating to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act; amending 21 O.S. 2001, Section 1289.6, which relates to conditions under which firearms may be carried; adding certain condition; and providing an effective date.

Ahh I see. I appreciate you explaining that to me... all this stuff is confusing to me lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom