Opinion on 10/22 purchase....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zack.S

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with the older one for sure as the old ones have the metal trigger guard which seems a little more reliable then the new ones with the polymer ones.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go with the older one for sure as the old ones have the metal trigger guard which seems a little more reliable then the new ones with the polymer ones.

lol....I've never heard of anyone having a factory trigger problem but please, share you experiences. I've runs thousands of rounds through my 10/22's and have never noticed any difference in the reliablity of metal vs plastic.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this. Maybe you should buy a new one, and tell me where that old one is. I will make sure that they take it off of the shelf. I do think that like most things, the quality is not as good on the new ones as the old ones.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't plan to mod then buy the old one. if you do plan to mod, get a newer one. If its gonna end up being for the kid and your kid does research he will find out about the modifying of 10/22's and then end up wanting to mod it. If it gets there I would sell the classic and buy new. Basically if there will be any aftermarket mods don't ruin a classic one.

Kozmos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Realistically, if you're just going to use it for plinking and squirrels, I'd get the least expensive one, massage the trigger and put a scope on it. Now if it were me, I'd save the classic, massage the trigger and put a scope on it. I have a fondness for the older guns but not to the point of paying a premium for them. In the end, they are still 10/22's and meant to be shot and enjoyed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom