Opinion on P220 Price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much committed to buy a neighbor friend's P220; the guy has a ton of guns, and this is one of a few he wants to sell. Wanted to see how well I'm going to do, or how bad I'm going to get hosed..... It's a West-German made Sig P220, date code on the shroud is "JF", which from what I can see online is a 1985(?) model - has the box, proof target, owner's manual, and both mags (one is new, covered in cosmoline/grease in the plastic). Finish would be in the high 90% range, with just some rubs along the edges of the slide towards the front. Only mark I can see on the barrel is a moderate line in the bluing about 1/2" from the end, and there looks like some rubbing marks on the bolt (I guess that's what you'd call it - I'm a revolver guy for the most part). Outside of that, it looks almost new. Not sure of round count, but doesn't appear to be much. He wants $600.....am I taking it in the shorts?

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No not at all, especially if it doesn't have the stupid rebounding hammer... Those are absolutely ten times better in my opinion. You can do a serious trigger job on the non-rebounders. I'd buy it, especially at 90 percent.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking online, I think this one is before the rebounding hammer, though it does have the European heel mag release, which I guess some find undesirable - not an issue to me.

Need to get ahold of a blue book to see what the value is on it - just out of curiosity.

Next question: I hear the factory mags (especially the early ones) tended to crack or fail? What is a good aftermarket mag for the P220?

Latest posts

Top Bottom