opinions on a milt sparks vm II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might suggest getting the kydex clips if you order the VM2. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them but I'm sold on them. Plus, with the kydex clips the holster becomes tuck-able.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan to be honest. They're well-made and built to last, but there are a couple of things that bug me about them.

One is that they're made with the "feature" that you have to draw them out at the same angle of the holster's cant (and that angle either isn't natural to me, or I've just been drawing out of my other holsters incorrectly). So if you need to carry in a different position than usual, and you happen to draw the gun at an angle other than that of the cant of the holster, the gun will bind and not come out of the holster.

I understand Milt Sparks reasoning behind this in that if someone tries to take your gun out of the holster while you're wearing it, it will bind on them presuming that they can't get the perfect angle, but I found it annoying and it bothered me enough that I ended up selling it.

I'd buy an Ugly Bald Guy holster from Nate personally - everything I've gotten from him has been outstanding and they have all felt more comfortable than the Milt Sparks holsters.

Just my opinion (and I know it goes against the norm), but I actually prefer UBG's holsters to Milt Sparks.

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Milt Sparks VM2HS for me. I've bought a lot of holsters over the years and it is the only holster that I have used more than one. I have one for each CCW. I like the Horsehide in the summertime. Seems to keep the weapon dryer when sweating.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I had a VM II for a G-23 and didn't really care for it. It wasn't as comfortable as I expected, so I traded it for a Milt Sparks Executive's Companion (EX) and really liked it. Very comfy! :)

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I had a VM II for a G-23 and didn't really care for it. It wasn't as comfortable as I expected, so I traded it for a Milt Sparks Executive's Companion (EX) and really liked it. Very comfy! :)

This!! the EX is one of the best IWB ( leather) holsters I've used.
Be sure and have them build it with horse hide!! I have a few EX and the one made with Thick horse hide is awesome,, Now If they would have done that on the others like I asked.....

You might want to look at http://www.5shotleather.com/contact.htm

John is top notch!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom