Opinions on my Colt M4? I think I'm almost finished spending money on it. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It started as a basic 6920...

i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_coltlogo.jpg

i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_coltnew.jpg

And here it is now:

i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_coltoutside.jpg

i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_coltside.jpg

Parts list:
PWS FSC, 12" Troy Battlerail MRF, LWRC backup sights (they're made by Troy but have a rotating dioptic rather than a folding one), Surefire M600c, LWRC rail covers, Troy MCG, Aimpoint PRO, Ergo grip, Phase 5 EBRv2(>bad lever)/ambi charging handle/revo sling mount/single point sling

I haven't changed the stock yet, I'm not really sure which one I want. I don't dislike the current stock but I haven't really tried anything else (besides the basic M4 stock) so any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm going to cerakote the gun sometime next week. . .I need to decide on color(s) so I can order the paint this weekend!

Other than that I can't really come up with anything else :anyone: I need to be able to call this rifle "done" so I can quit throwing money at it :rotflmao:

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tiger-stripe to match that xd... Or a two tone black/burnt bronze. Thy would look killer

Ha I don't think I could bring myself to tiger stripe this gun. I've seen a couple of black/bronze rifles that looked good but they aren't my thing. I want to keep it simple, and if I go beyond using a graphite black/tactical gray combo then it will probably be OD.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an AFG further forward on the rail before, I may put that back on. I've been making myself give the vfg a chance but so far I'm not really liking it. I've moved it around all over the place and can't find anywhere that feels quite right.

wylekyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Graphite/black sounds like a bitchin subtle combo. I prefer tans myself, but only because everyone has a black gun...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...B7-88E8-6969D33FCCE1-423-0000014873131F92.jpg

I already have a FDE AR. . .

i103.photobucket.com_albums_m133_niquesuave06_1130CFE3_8432_4Aac6d978d7a712d06cfdf958cae6f77d2.jpg

BCM upper, DPMS lower. I'm building a new lower for that gun soon, but I wanted to "finish" the Colt before I went back to do more on the FDE rifle. For all intents and purposes I might as well just sell the BCM/DPMS though, I'll probably send Uncle Sam a couple hundred bucks so I can build an SBR. I'm waiting on my lawyer to finish my trust now so I can order a suppressor. . .

I'm putting the AFG2 back on the Colt, removing the middle section of the Troy VFG and putting it as a stubby on the backup (FDE) rifle to replace that plastic grip. It'll be a good place to store some backup CR123's for the Eotech on that gun if nothing else I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom