Opinions on pistol caliber carbines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s your purpose for the PCC? My favorite is the MP5 (or sp5?/whatever the semiauto name is), but that could be nostalgia. They’re great guns, but the trigger sucks, mags are stupidly priced, and optics mounts are limited. Outside of the OG/SAS factor the MPX and CZ Scorpion EVO are probably the most fun to shoot, but they have their problems. For a knock around gun, probably a Ruger PC carbine/Glock mag. It’s pretty much a 9mm 10/22 takedown.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s your purpose for the PCC? My favorite is the MP5 (or sp5?/whatever the semiauto name is), but that could be nostalgia. They’re great guns, but the trigger sucks, mags are stupidly priced, and optics mounts are limited. Outside of the OG/SAS factor the MPX and CZ Scorpion EVO are probably the most fun to shoot, but they have their problems. For a knock around gun, probably a Ruger PC carbine/Glock mag. It’s pretty much a 9mm 10/22 takedown.
That’s why you get an AR upper. Get a good trigger, etc.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I would like is not made.

Shortened cz527 action, made to the size for 9mm, floor plate and trigger guard made to work with standard cz75 mags. Also a shorty, flush fit mag. 16" barrel.

Stainless steel construction, wood stock!

Would be great around the house or farm, in the truck or on the tractor for us folks that dont live in the wide open spaces

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, my opinion on them is that if
You can shoot a pistol caliber pistol better than most people shooting a pistol caliber carbine, why bother, right?

aabokla

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in looking for a MPX or a CMMG and got turned onto the B&T GHM9c. Mine takes Glock mags. 500 rounds later and I’m still in the honeymoon stage.

Honestly, I got mine cause I like to shoot and it’s a lot cheaper shooting 9mm than rifle calibers. When I go to the range, it’s the last gun I pick up because I know whatever 9mm I have left is about to be gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom