Opinions on some new wheelguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bonus time is coming up soon, and plan to dive further into the single action stuff since I'm down to one right now, a 5.5" Ruger BH 45 convertible. Been looking on Lipseys site, and am considering the 44 Spcl Bisley Flattop in either 4.62" or 5.5", probably in SS, and also the Single Seven in 327 Fed, probably stainless as well unless I go with the Bisley, and most likely 5.5" barrel.

That being said, I currently reload for the 44 stuff, but not the 327. I was scanning their stuff last night, and saw they also make a 10mm/40 convertible Blackhawk. I got out of the 40 S&W game a while back, gave away all my brass and sold what bullets I had left, but kept my dies, which will load 10mm too of course. Having no experience with either the 327 or 10mm, I'm not sure which to try next. Figure the 10mm would make a better all round hunting gun, but wouldn't be as kid friendly or fun to just plink with vs the 327.

Anyone have time in with the 327 care to fill me in on the pros/cons? TIA

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re concerned about a “kid friendly” caliber, you might consider a SA revolver in 32 H&R Magnum, especially if you reload. A lot of cowboy action shooting folks love the caliber for mild loads, but you can still get quite a punch out of it at the higher end of the load range - about like a 38 Special with greater penetration.

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One can shoot the .32 H&R mag, the .32 long and the .32 short in the .327 mag revolver. I have a couple of .327's and I think it's a good choice for a beginner because of the wide range of recoil. Plus Hornady Critical Defense is a reasonable self defense round.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reload for everything I own besides shotguns, so that's not an issue, other than getting set up for a new round...did think about going with the 4.62" barrel for easier handling for anyone who doesn't shoot much or smaller folks

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1458.JPG

I love my 32mag. I've loaded 60 and 90 grain xtp for it.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bonus time is coming up soon, and plan to dive further into the single action stuff since I'm down to one right now, a 5.5" Ruger BH 45 convertible. Been looking on Lipseys site, and am considering the 44 Spcl Bisley Flattop in either 4.62" or 5.5", probably in SS, and also the Single Seven in 327 Fed, probably stainless as well unless I go with the Bisley, and most likely 5.5" barrel.

That being said, I currently reload for the 44 stuff, but not the 327. I was scanning their stuff last night, and saw they also make a 10mm/40 convertible Blackhawk. I got out of the 40 S&W game a while back, gave away all my brass and sold what bullets I had left, but kept my dies, which will load 10mm too of course. Having no experience with either the 327 or 10mm, I'm not sure which to try next. Figure the 10mm would make a better all round hunting gun, but wouldn't be as kid friendly or fun to just plink with vs the 327.

Anyone have time in with the 327 care to fill me in on the pros/cons? TIA
Just in case you aren't aware of it, the 10mm takes LP primers. The 40 S&W, as I understand it, uses SP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom