OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang.
Well all that rain we had and everything north of us has caught up to us and now starting to flood here at the north end of Grand. There’s still twice as much water flowing into the Elk River than they are letting out.
Hopefully it will crest soon.
1550B555-DB20-4CDB-B025-93358B6AE143.jpeg
823A40DE-574E-46F7-BD0B-0C6015E1017D.jpeg
C2C73AB6-8E2B-4C19-B223-DB0484BC3D93.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whew!! Busy weekend so far and tomorrow's gonna be more of the same. Spent yesterday recuperating from an exceptionally rough night, pain-wise. Today I spent all day canning different kinds of peppers -- poblanos, habaneros and jalapenos. Bell peppers in the dehydrator and tomatoes (for sauce) is in the slow cooker.

Tomorrow I'll peel apples (I'm guessing 25-30 pounds of various varieties and a handful of pears) and then put them in the fridge until Friday so I can make apple butter. I would have finished them off but work called and I'm covering a shift tomorrow. 🤦 Cuz I can't say no. 🤷🤷 And besides -- the extra money will go towards getting me the ****ton of jars I need to put all this stuff in. Welcome to my new addiction! 🤷😂😇

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whew!! Busy weekend so far and tomorrow's gonna be more of the same. Spent yesterday recuperating from an exceptionally rough night, pain-wise. Today I spent all day canning different kinds of peppers -- poblanos, habaneros and jalapenos. Bell peppers in the dehydrator and tomatoes (for sauce) is in the slow cooker.

Tomorrow I'll peel apples (I'm guessing 25-30 pounds of various varieties and a handful of pears) and then put them in the fridge until Friday so I can make apple butter. I would have finished them off but work called and I'm covering a shift tomorrow. 🤦 Cuz I can't say no. 🤷🤷 And besides -- the extra money will go towards getting me the ****ton of jars I need to put all this stuff in. Welcome to my new addiction! 🤷😂😇
You could always bake your husband a couple of apple pies so you don’t have to buy so many jars. Just a thought.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning gang.
Well all that rain we had and everything north of us has caught up to us and now starting to flood here at the north end of Grand. There’s still twice as much water flowing into the Elk River than they are letting out.
Hopefully it will crest soon.View attachment 270885View attachment 270886View attachment 270887
Hate to see that high water. Years ago was fishing a bass tournament on Grand during a high water event.
We were casting plastic worms in one back yard around a bird bath when a lady came out and accused us of trespassing while screaming and flailing her arms.
We just boated out of there and went on fishing.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning to all…another beautiful day, even with a bit of wind. Put all the political, social, financial, etc, complaints aside for today and give honor to the wives, moms, grandmas, who have done and still do so much for our lives.
Well said!

Latest posts

Top Bottom