OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mornin' everyone. :wave:

Hoping to pull some tack strips out of a closet in a bit (got the carpet & pad out a couple days ago), and maybe put some shelves together for it. Goal is to turn the master bedroom into an indoor shop eventually, but it's a slow process (on a good day, I work at the speed of turtle).

Missing Sweetie terribly today (can't believe she's been gone 4 months). Staying busy helps a little, but I catch myself trying to be quiet so I won't disturb her. Still love her more than life.

Hope y'all have a good day.
___

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mornin' everyone. :wave:

Hoping to pull some tack strips out of a closet in a bit (got the carpet & pad out a couple days ago), and maybe put some shelves together for it. Goal is to turn the master bedroom into an indoor shop eventually, but it's a slow process (on a good day, I work at the speed of turtle).

Missing Sweetie terribly today (can't believe she's been gone 4 months). Staying busy helps a little, but I catch myself trying to be quiet so I won't disturb her. Still love her more than life.

Hope y'all have a good day.
___

Hang in there, Mac! I know it has to be tough, really tough. It gets better with time, but the hurt never completely heals. Thinking 'bout ya'!!!

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Don. :)

Well... when the goin' gets weird, I guess the weird get goin' ...? :shocked:

Got this email from USPS today:

"Hello ,

Your package has a delivery exception. Your item was returned to the sender on May 11, 2022 at 8:14 am in KINGSTON, OK 73439 because the addressee moved and left no forwarding address."

How inconsiderate of me. But in all fairness, I wasn't notified I moved either... :lookaroun

Called the Post Office and waited on hold while they sorted things out. The guy found my package, and said it must not have scanned properly on arrival, because everything was in order and it will be in the mail today.

Good to know I'm still here. :thumb:
___

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hate when I got lost and don't even know it happens.

Not sure what is going berserk with postal service. At one time, respected, prompt and efficient.
Now, we receive no mail, several days in a row. Our last delivery was Wednesday, last week. Today, we got 3 pieces of mail. 1 for the neighbor and the other 2 were for 2 houses down. Here are 4 houses on our block. We got wrong delivery 2-3 times a month.
The mail we received last Wednesday, was in a zip lock bag, marked "damaged by PO in shipping".
Second time, in 3 weeks. Don't remember it ever happening before.

Last edited:

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4th year doing a feed schedule with 100% success, cows drop em about this time of the day everytime! This is her second heifer and right in time lol
Old farmer told me this “trick” and I really didn’t mind having calves in the middle of the night so never tried it. Sold out and started with a different breed and since they are so small decided what the heck I’ll try it. Ever since then all of em drop em between 2-4pm. Now I maybe just “lucky” but worked and has been working for me. Here’s the “trick”, feed em later in the day and you’ll have calves in the daytime.
Bucket is for reference, she’s less the 20#s. I apologize for the meal momma is having

Attachments

• 581AD1CE-5048-474A-8B30-285C74D59425.jpeg
    581AD1CE-5048-474A-8B30-285C74D59425.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 1E06D97F-41EA-4F1C-A118-BE364D183679.jpeg
    1E06D97F-41EA-4F1C-A118-BE364D183679.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 19

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to travel to Stillwater for a needle in the eye treatment today. Fortunately, the Macular is in the non shooting eye. One more disappointing trip to the Texas roadhouse for steak. Always have to send the initial order back as it's overcooked. I like medium rare, and always get it well done.
Tried ordering rare today and got it cooked just right but was so full of gristle that it couldn't be eaten. I'm done with that place for beef products.

Latest posts

Top Bottom