OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see quite a few north of Guymon close to the Kansas line and around the Straight area.
Good deal, we’ll be hunting mostly in an area between Straight and Keyes. Still got over a month before the season starts, but I’m looking forward to it.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Good deal, we’ll be hunting mostly in an area between Straight and Keyes. Still got over a month before the season starts, but I’m looking forward to it.

Should be an alright season I think.. as long as they quit trying to fly in front of my truck. Lol

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Looks like you will be up in my "neck of the woods." I was raised in Keyes.

As for us this day, we left Texas and headed back to Yukon. Staying with youngest son until we pick up our RV that went in for some work.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as a curious aside, on our way back to Oklahoma from Amarillo, there were something like 7 or 8 18-wheelers that passed us on I-40 going eastward. Not that I'm a racing fan, but I wondered where they might be going. Later, when reading a news story about a NASCAR race in Vegas, the timing was curious. My understanding is that the Vegas race was today, but those trucks were all seen well before noon today.

Anybody have an idea?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got home from Missouri with no well water to the house yesterday.
Spent 1/2 day yesterday and 9 hours today on a chain saw with the tractor clearing wood and brush so a friend can get in there with a track hoe to find where the leak is. Drought probably caused the plastic pipe separation.
I tried digging out the wet spot with the front loader on the tractor but the tree roots were a major obstacle.
Backhoe will fix that.
The person that installed the original water pipe screwed up more times than I can mention. I’ve been repairing his screw-ups for the 33 years we’ve lived here. 😡😡

View attachment 310519

This is the first 100 yards. Another 100 to go.
Day 3, friend that runs part of Osage county water district showed up today with a track hoe.
We started at 9am and found the neighbors waterline with a shower of water 20’ high.
Fixed that and continued digging searching for ours.
Found it about 6’ North of the neighbors. Found it by puncturing it but there was no pressure and very little flow from the uphill section of pipe which signified we were close to the leak.
Finally found it 50’ further up the hill. Once again, found where the person installing it originally cut every expense and violated every plumbing code known to the human race. 😡
He had 3, 45 degree fittings within a foot to align the 1.5” pvc so it would go around a rock. The water hammer when the pump kicks on eventually breaks the glue joint.
The fix is a segment of a flexible PEX type material using special adapters that will be here tomorrow. Hopefully water tomorrow.

5E10BE93-11D7-479F-B24B-0CE54BD7F60A.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you replace with that good ol 2” SDR11 black poly pipe like we use in oil and gas production?
The water line is 3/10 mile long. I'd love to replace it with poly pipe as that would solve all the issues with the glue joints the guy used. If he had just laid it in a straight line and did it right, there would be no issues forever.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The water line is 3/10 mile long. I'd love to replace it with poly pipe as that would solve all the issues with the glue joints the guy used. If he had just laid it in a straight line and did it right, there would be no issues forever.

I LOATHE people who cut corners like that. Just drive me daft. I'm a do it right the first time and be done with it kinda gal. I will never understand these people who just willy-nilly **** together with scotch tape and a prayer. 🙄

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully Gina will be back tomorrow and I'll get my 2 days off. If not, then I'll work Tuesday and get Wednesday off -- I hope. I have cabbage and chicken thighs in the fridge I want to deal with ... A LOT of folks coming in talking about making stew, and chili, and beans and cornbread, and soups of all kinds ... Making me hungry!! Lol It's cooking weather, guys!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully Gina will be back tomorrow and I'll get my 2 days off. If not, then I'll work Tuesday and get Wednesday off -- I hope. I have cabbage and chicken thighs in the fridge I want to deal with ... A LOT of folks coming in talking about making stew, and chili, and beans and cornbread, and soups of all kinds ... Making me hungry!! Lol It's cooking weather, guys!

Just went out and got the paper off the driveway wearing shorts and a t-shirt and with that north wind blowing pretty good it's plum nippy out there.......think I'll see if I can sweet talk mama into fixing a big pot of beans and a pan of cornbread for supper.

bc.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom