OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20240330_192210.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was a "gold panning" excursion that we took at Juneau that was part of our Alaskan cruise and land tour. I was later informed that the tour guide didn't appreciate me taking off from the group to take pictures. However, I figured that the gold pans already had some fine gravel with a few flakes of gold in them to please the tourists. I didn't care about that as much as taking pictures.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a busy week! Stopped every day after work to help decorate for prom at the kids school. Had Friday off, but after a chiropractor appt at 0930 in Elk City, called to work for a couple hours midday, then to school for prom until 0200 Saturday morning, it didn't feel like a day off 🤣.

Saturday, laid around until after noon, nephews bday party at 1400, back to school at 1630 to tear down prom stuff. Called to work at 1800, stopped by on the way home to check on teardown, they were done thankfully, got home around 2200. Now here at the lake for Easter get together, I'm about peopled out!

Here's a pic of my daughter getting prom queen, she was happy for that...
20240329_203640.jpg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening,
I hope everyone had a nice Easter.
I spent my whole Easter Day working. My wife and I both were working and coaching all day and most of the evening. We just finished up and sitting here in our office at the studio. Trying to decide if we are going home or staying the night. Leaning on going home. Fingers crossed.

Our annual convention is in 14 days here in Oklahoma City. So far we have 2600 entries. We are about 800 entries down so far from last year but we are going head to head with another sanctioned event in Calgary, Canada on the same weekend. But we still are getting entries in. We break even around 1000 entries so it will be a success.
We spent all weekend doing registrations, coordinating the Volunteers, doing the judges schedules, Hospitality for all of our staff and scoring. It’s a hell of a lot of work but hey we get the whole week off afterwards. :LOL: It’s sad but that is all I am thinking of right now. The week off. ☀

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here a while back, I posted a picture of "Newspaper Rock," which is ancient petroglyphs on a huge rock face that was in Utah. When we visited the Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona a few years ago, we got to see an old "community" that had been built that included the foundation of a large structure as well as a bunch of rocks at the edge of the community that also had petroglyphs.

I just can't figure out what two of those critters are that are on the lower part of the rock. Any ideas?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an old mission called St. Aloysius in the old ghost town of Morley, CO. It is located just off of I-25 south of Trinidad, CO on the west side of the interstate. I first discovered it there back in the late '70's and have been intrigued by it ever since. Now, I'm intrigued by its slow deterioration. Sometime next month, when we head off to Oregon for the first part of our Summer job, I'll get to see it again. Sadly, it is on private property, so one can't go get a close up look at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom