OSBI & fingerprinting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannySyl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I got busy with life and forgot to renew my CCW.
Had the printing done at the local sheriff's office, sent in all the documents etc. One month later, got the dreaded letter, the finger prints were rejected.
Well, I take myself back to the sheriff's office.
You guessed it; rejected again. (Older fingers just don't fingerprint as easily as the young ones do)
Yesterday, I took the long drive to OKC, to the OSBI office.
Once I figured out where to park & that the public entrance is on the back side of the building, things went very well.
The receptionist was very polite & helpful. And, the young man that done the prints was most pleasant, and very good at his job.
Except for the extra 2 months waiting time, not too bad.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Osage county sheriff has the digital print machine. The gal there did a great job. She had to redo one of my fingers 4 times to get a good print. Felt kinda funny getting this done in the booking area with inmates looking on. At least I could leave!!

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always get mine done downtown in Tulsa.

They have the electronic system and the prints always come out perfect.

That's where I had mine done as well.

The nice thing was that the woman who was operating the machine identified when a print was ineligible right after the scan, so she was able to do a rescan to make sure she had everything she needed.

GrannySyl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local county sheriff's office 0-for-2 before going to OSBI and getting it done right.

I live right on the Hughes/Okfuskee line.

I went to Okfuskee County because they have an electronic machine; the machine indicated that they was fine, but, OSBI rejected them both times.
Maybe I should have gone to Hughes county & had them inked.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My local sheriff dept was great. Very nice people. Their digital machine was down at the time, but the lady took her time and was very conscientious about making sure each print looked good. She had to redo a couple fingers on each hand a few times.

P97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got mine done at a County Sheriff Dept. in a different County, after the prints My County Sheriff Dept. did was rejected. They had the digital scanner that was linked to OSBI. They could scan the prints and check whether the OSBI would approve them or not, before they printed them. I had one finger that the operator tried numerous times to get approved, and it kept rejecting it. A second person tried, and theirs was rejected. Finally a Detective came in, and they said, he had always been able to get one that worked. Sure enough, when he scanned it, their system approved it. I just renewed mine. Didn't want to have to go through the fingerprinting again. Some people are hard to fingerprint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom