Ou/ksu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously we are going to struggle this year and lose a few games. I would like to see our future QB get the playing time and experience from here on out. No sense wasting anymore time on lame duck Landry. At this point, we have nothing to gain with Landry at the helm.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Word is that Finch won't practice hard, when you have Williams, Whaley, Clay, and Millard....... he should feel lucky to touch the ball.

That's one area where I disagree with the coaches. I know it's a fine line between playing favorites and letting some players get away with not practicing hard, then they all want to do it and you lose control of the team. But stil, some guys are just gamers. The best players, that give you the best chance of winning should be on the field.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's one area where I disagree with the coaches. I know it's a fine line between playing favorites and letting some players get away with not practicing hard, then they all want to do it and you lose control of the team. But stil, some guys are just gamers. The best players, that give you the best chance of winning should be on the field.

Problem is... he's not the best we have. Williams looks stronger than all of them.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, his success is totally luck.

Let's replace the coach with an all-time 81% win percentage.

Don't take this the wrong way, but please don't consider yourself an OU fan.

I'm a Pokes fan but hear you loud and clear. Seems with any team such as OU that is always winning year over year and them they hitnamfew speed bumps the "he has gotta go" crowd gets real vocal. Sorta pathetic. All teams go through this. Not that this is a down season for OU bit every team goes through the roller coaster of winning and losing. Can't go 12-0 every year people.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Pokes fan but hear you loud and clear. Seems with any team such as OU that is always winning year over year and them they hitnamfew speed bumps the "he has gotta go" crowd gets real vocal. Sorta pathetic. All teams go through this. Not that this is a down season for OU bit every team goes through the roller coaster of winning and losing. Can't go 12-0 every year people.

Going 12-0 in a cupcake conference like the Big 12 is not that big of a deal. "Big Game" Bob hasnt won a "big game" since 2000. And with who's players? They should go undefeated in the conference every year it's just when they meet powerhouses like Boise State or W. Virginia that they have trouble. Well they did beat the powerhouses of UConn and a weak Stanford team. Let's not even mention the BCS vs Florida let alone....

1) December 31, 1999 - Mississippi 27, Oklahoma 25 (Independence Bowl)
2) January 4, 2004 - LSU 21, Oklahoma 14 (Sugar Bowl)
3) January 4, 2005 - USC 55, Oklahoma 19 (Orange Bowl)
4) January 1, 2007 - Boise State 43, Oklahoma 42 (Fiesta Bowl)
5) January 2, 2008 - West Virginia 48, Oklahoma 28 (Fiesta Bowl)

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, saw that KSU moved up to #7, and OU dropped to #16. Thats probably about where OU should be anyway. OU isn't a top 10 team. I wish I knew what was going on with Landry, you never know what you're gonna get. He should be improving, but he doesn't seem to be at all. He's had some really good games, but lately, he's been pretty bad. He definately cost us this last game. I thought OU's defense did a really good job against KSU. OU's offense put them in a few bad situations. OU has some serious playmakers on offense, and I don't think Huepel is using them to their strengths at all. Frustrating as a fan, to sit and watch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom