Outdoor America update.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in there about 3 weeks ago. I was in there maybe 5 minutes. My dad and I used to go in there and probably spend a good hour or more looking at stuff and talking to employees in there. Its a total joke now. They didn't have hardly anything in there now. There were totally empty cases in there, and then some shelves with only 1 or 2 guns on them. Night and day from what it used to look like.
Very, very sad. They need to get it updated, or just close the dang place down. Its a joke as it is now.

Its been a long time since I've walked into a gun store, and saw absolutely nothing I was interested in!

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I sure hope they can turn things around, as I would hate to see them close the doors. First Southwest Shooters, then Mashburn Arms morphs into Gunworld, and now possibly OAS. I miss the old ones.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope they get it fixed...the last few times I've gone in there I couldn't get anyone to talk to me at all. I had money in hand, knew what I was after and even called ahead to make sure what I wanted was in stock. One of the worst at customer service in my opinion.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Son, that's how real, live, honest, down to earth gun stores are supposed to be. You're buying implements of death and destruction. Not pink roses and carnations to plant in your flower bed. Gun stores shouldn't sell pink guns and hamburgers. That's for pansies and wannabe's......

Bwahahahaha!! (Can't say that I disagree ...) I was never intimidated by the "decor" or clientele of OAS, so I can't figure out what the problem there is ... It's a gun store, not a high-end fashion boutique. Anyway, GC went in last week and said things were really getting straightened out. They had done some cleaning and re-arranging. He got waited on quickly and effiently. Said he talked to one of Fred's daughters and they are in the process of making some very positive changes. I miss Fred -- we would see him at breakfast occasionally and when he was in the store he always spoke -- but I think the store is gonna be okay. You guys who were dissatisfied in some way should give OAS another chance.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been going to Outdoor America for over a decade. Their end of the year inventory dump is almost a tradition now. I was told many moons ago by Fred that it was to clear out inventory for tax purposes and they reorder everything once the new year roles around. From my experience, January they pretty much have nothing and February isn't that much better. Usually by March and they start looking like a gun store again and their cabinets start to fill up.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son, that's how real, live, honest, down to earth gun stores are supposed to be. You're buying implements of death and destruction. Not pink roses and carnations to plant in your flower bed. Gun stores shouldn't sell pink guns and hamburgers. That's for pansies and wannabe's......

I take it you're not in "sales" from your post...plus, no place, not even a gunstore that sells "implements of death and destruction" should be depressing. I mean...really?

Latest posts

Top Bottom