Outstanding Announcements from Olympic Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question I would ask them is if they were a LEO in NY would they still be after the passage of this law? Because LEOs in NY are the people responsible for enforcing this law to disarm their fellow citizens. So if they are still working then it means they chose to put their job above their oath to uphold the constitution of the United States. And if they are putting their job and financial welfare above their oath to uphold the constitution, why should they be receiving special treatment?

Solid point.

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good on you glocktogo, akpopo is always acting like that. It's good to see you think of yourself as being just as accountable to the law of the land as the rest of us. Thanks for that, it's. Much easier To trust a man that doesn't put himself above others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good on you glocktogo, akpopo is always acting like that. It's good to see you think of yourself as being just as accountable to the law of the land as the rest of us. Thanks for that, it's. Much easier To trust a man that doesn't put himself above others.

Thanks. I really prefer not being at odds with fellow pro-2A LEO's, but something about not holding yourself to the same standard as your fellow citizens really rustles my jimmies!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love this attitude taken by Olympic and Larue. Putting principles aside (which I fully support in this case), I ask, how big of an impact will this have? Specifically, how many law enforcement agencies are using Larue and Olympic Arms equipment? If it's a majority, then this is a huge blow in our favor, but if their equipment represents a measly 2% of equipment utilized by LEOs across the US, then there will be a collective "pfft, so what, none of us are using your crap to begin with!". I then ask, are there any firearm manufacturers who actually support the current gun control proposal? I know it's a shot in your own foot, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love this attitude taken by Olympic and Larue. Putting principles aside (which I fully support in this case), I ask, how big of an impact will this have? Specifically, how many law enforcement agencies are using Larue and Olympic Arms equipment? If it's a majority, then this is a huge blow in our favor, but if their equipment represents a measly 2% of equipment utilized by LEOs across the US, then there will be a collective "pfft, so what, none of us are using your crap to begin with!". I then ask, are there any firearm manufacturers who actually support the current gun control proposal? I know it's a shot in your own foot, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Probably less than 2%. LaRue is too pricey for most LE agencies and Oly is too low on the quality scale. However, it's the thought that counts. We should all be asking the other arms manufacturers to follow suit. Someone suggested that they wouldn't willingly cut off LE sales due to profit loss. I pointed out this:
So you think if Glock didn't sell 50,000 pistols to NYS LE, that they wouldn't immediately sell 50,000 more pistols (at a higher profit margin) to civilians across the country? You could drop 50,000 additional Glocks into the supply stream tomorrow and they'd be gone before the invoices came due.

The same would apply to AR's. All we need is for the majors to band together and it would kill anti-gunners efforts to divide and conquer the civilian and LE unity with appeasement measures for LE in legislation. New York has skylined themselves and it would only need to be implemented for New York sales, and probably for less than a year before the state would have to do something to correct their error.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren't labor unions generally pro-Obama?

Anyway, you're looking at one of the reasons I quit sending money to the FOP a very long time ago when they were calling asking me to renew my pledge.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One monkey wrench in this effort is the fact that Colt would probably enjoy supplying LEO and military only and would gladly fill any void left by other manufacturers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom