Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"That .357MAG will fit in your .357SIG."

"What's a little lady like you need with a big gun like that? You know if you don't hold it right you could break your wrist."

"Women can only handle revolvers."

"Over here are the girl guns." (Nothing over .380 and all girly colored guns.

I could go on forever and ever.
That’s like saying girls aren’t as tough as boys! I used to be an umpire for HS Softball and Baseball. In baseball when a boy fell down, more times than not, he was in the dugout for a while. In softball, most of the girls play in shorts, with gravel type base lines, if they fell, they’d tear their legs up, run a little water on it, and back in. Them girls were filthy and bloody after every game. We raised 2 boys (one is 6’4”, 240, the other 6’1”, 240) and 1 girl (5’5”, 120), the boys admit she is the toughest. That guy at the gun shop, my wife or daughter either one, would’ve challenged him to a shooting contest lol!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another trip to cabelas in okc, another oblivious idiot behind the gun counter covering me, the customers in front of him (their legs), then dried fired with the gun pointed at me twice. I managed to not draw on him (thank God my daughter was with my wife in another part of the store). I managed to immediately find some that appeared to be some sort of manager an complain rather loudly and angrily. While I was doing that, I still see the idiot covering people… I at least saw him be taking in the back and talked to, but not before pointing guns at other oblivious people at the gun counter and pulling the trigger.

If I had to do it all again, I’d have probably just yelled at the idiot at the top of my lungs, immediately, and taken a picture to send to corporate. Beware of the folks at the gun counter at okc cabelas. I’m still rather angry. They seem to get zero training in proper gun handling.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honest to God (in fact I may have already posted this here) but an employee at Academy did his gut level best to convince me that .357SIG was interchangeable with .357MAG and that I could, indeedy, use that .357MAG he had on the shelf in my Glock31.:slap:
What a jack knob, he needs a kick in the nada. Did he have both on the shelf or no? Probably not if he was trying to sell this srgument

Latest posts

Top Bottom