Overheard at the gun counter....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually at a gunsmith in Hutchinson.

Trap shooter customer - Didja get my special treatment onna trigger done?

gunsmith - yeah, I done it. Damn stupid if'n you ask me, reversing a trigger on a competition shotgun jus cause you started flinching. Whoever heard of pushing a trigger instead of pulling it?

TS customer - Well, Jim and Manny say it's the best thing they ever did, and they are the ones cleaning up and winnin trophies. They said they got so used to pulling the trigger, it got to be a hinderance and was getting too old school. Now, they have something new to learn and it works better pointing yer finger at the target instead of pulling it.

Other customers in store,

1666364136897.png

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually at a gunsmith in Hutchinson.

Trap shooter customer - Didja get my special treatment onna trigger done?

gunsmith - yeah, I done it. Damn stupid if'n you ask me, reversing a trigger on a competition shotgun jus cause you started flinching. Whoever heard of pushing a trigger instead of pulling it?

TS customer - Well, Jim and Manny say it's the best thing they ever did, and they are the ones cleaning up and winnin trophies. They said they got so used to pulling the trigger, it got to be a hinderance and was getting too old school. Now, they have something new to learn and it works better pointing yer finger at the target instead of pulling it.

Other customers in store,

View attachment 311829
Some trap shooters and skeet shooters use a release trigger. In fact, it is a method to help with a flinch in real life with trap and in the case of skeet the trigger is pretty helpful on doubles and crossing shots.
https://gunlore.com/shotguns/release-trigger/

There is a decock on some models of trigger it if the shooter doesn't want to fire.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom