Overpriced private sellers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why complain about prices? Just don't pay it, or better, make an offer. "Most people" would like a few extra bucks if they can manage it. With all the low ball offers, i don't blame someone coming in a few dollars high anyways

It's not so much a complaint than an observation.
Because I'd rather buy locally but feel the prices are too high to justify it.

I don't mind haggling, but when the price im willing to pay is a fraction of the asking price, it might come off as insulting to some.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simple. Just buy where you feel comfortable. If the price you are willing to pay is only a fraction of the asking price it may be that the ad is way out of line or it may be you are wanting something for nothing. Just move on.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a fair price...

Is that typical there? Maybe you could share the store haha

I'd rather buy locally and support local businesses if the prices are reasonable.
Around the Lawton area, the prices are fixed to avoid competition between the dealers. You will see the same price for any gun in any gun shop here. The only reason to choose one shop over another is inventory and selection, but same gun, same, dealer, same price. That's why I buy them on the net

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Simple. Just buy where you feel comfortable. If the price you are willing to pay is only a fraction of the asking price it may be that the ad is way out of line or it may be you are wanting something for nothing. Just move on.

I agree.

I only ask that used guns cost less than news ones. I don't think that's too much to ask.

If someone wants to pay 800 for a hipoint that's their business.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Around the Lawton area, the prices are fixed to avoid competition between the dealers. You will see the same price for any gun in any gun shop here. The only reason to choose one shop over another is inventory and selection, but same gun, same, dealer, same price. That's why I buy them on the net

That's a pain. They could probably fix the transfer fee, too.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. But I'm a millennial. I use the internet. So for me, it makes no sense. The internet is great because it expands the market and brings in more capitalist competition good for all of us.
I've used Grabagun and Ky gun company several times but now use my local dealer that can meet any price they have so I buy from him now.
After shipping charges and ffl fees it works out about the same and keeps the cash local.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people don’t rub pennies when it comes to non necessities. If I want a new gun, it’s a want not a need and I’ve budgeted for it so I don’t mind paying up to 10% over what I can buy online for to get it now as opposed to ordering it online and waiting. Plus if you buy from a private seller, no one knows you own it!
I’ve done both, but most of the time after FFL and shipping fees, plus the hassle of tracking and trying to get off work in time before my FFL closes, I would just rather buy local.

Ymmv

Latest posts

Top Bottom