Overpriced private sellers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any weapon that you can assault... Squeeze, fondle, rub inappropriately, throw in your trunk and not let out, keep in the closet till ya need it, etc.....

I just cringe every time I hear someone call a rifle an "assault weapon" without knowing what one actually is.
I call it a teaching moment when I conclude the discussion.
The media is the worst. Both sides.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just cringe every time I hear someone call a rifle an "assault weapon" without knowing what one actually is.
I call it a teaching moment when I conclude the discussion.
The media is the worst. Both sides.

An assault weapon is nomenclature for a scary weapon that assaults your eyeballs with its special features. Such things as flash suppressors, pistol grips and bayonet lugs. These things make your weapon 10x deadlier. In fact, had the shooter in Las Vegas not had a bayonet lug and assault stock, the casualties probably would have been a lot less.

that is why we must ban assault weapons.

I believe calling them 'assault weapons' makes it so they can avoid the tiny problem of most AR-15s not fitting the actual definition of 'assault rifle' so they slightly changed it to mislead the public.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe calling them 'assault weapons' makes it so they can avoid the tiny problem of most AR-15s not fitting the actual definition of 'assault rifle' so they slightly changed it to mislead the public.

Which you don't agree with and think is stupid...
its-cool-im-taking-it-back.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An assault weapon is nomenclature for a scary weapon that assaults your eyeballs with its special features. Such things as flash suppressors, pistol grips and bayonet lugs. These things make your weapon 10x deadlier. In fact, had the shooter in Las Vegas not had a bayonet lug and assault stock, the casualties probably would have been a lot less.

that is why we must ban assault weapons.

The first "assault weapon" was built in 1364 by the Chinese to be used by their Army as an "assault weapon" against other troops that relied on hand held edged or thrown, bow weapons.
By the 1380's there were handguns across europe.
Every weapon known in existence today with the exception of some goofy exhibition items was at one time an "assault weapon" built to create an advantage during war.
During the War of 1812, Rifling was introduced to the military weapons that made them much more accurate than the British smooth bores they opposed.
The Britts called that an unfair advantage because the military at that time lined up across from each other and launched smooth bore projectiles at each other that flew like feathers in the wind at distances.
War criminals we were!
Nothing has changed. The blow back designs from old were military designs, and JM Browning certainly submitted the designs that changed the world of firearms.
The AR-15 design and the way it operates is no different than the Remington 742 hunting rifle that has been around for more than a half century, or other shotgun/rifle designs that aren't "ugly".
Because the AR looks scary, does not make it any more dangerous than any gun in existence.
You can regulate it to the point that only 5 round mags are acceptable, and you will find tens of thousands of trained shooters that can drop a mag, and reload a fresh in less than a second.
Same with pistols. I shoot competitions, and run the timer a lot of the time. I know what it takes to change a mag on a rifle or a pistol quickly and it's less than a second.
Anybody can train to do the same.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not so much a complaint than an observation.
Because I'd rather buy locally but feel the prices are too high to justify it.

I don't mind haggling, but when the price im willing to pay is a fraction of the asking price, it might come off as insulting to some.

Please somebody make this a sticky that we can reference when Tristanjay decides to sell some of his guns!

Latest posts

Top Bottom