Pawnee Summer Run N Gun - July 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How's the fascist plant, malignant heal, or whatever you call it, thing treating you?

Lol. Plantar Faciitis. It's a little better - been running some, doesn't bother me too much after a mile or so, but when I'm done it's pretty bad.

I'll still be pushing as hard as I can in a couple weeks, you can bet on that. There's four of us mentally-challenged ROs that are gonna do the 10k twice in a row, essentially a half-marathon. It's gonna hurt bad.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. Plantar Faciitis. It's a little better - been running some, doesn't bother me too much after a mile or so, but when I'm done it's pretty bad.

I'll still be pushing as hard as I can in a couple weeks, you can bet on that. There's four of us mentally-challenged ROs that are gonna do the 10k twice in a row, essentially a half-marathon. It's gonna hurt bad.

Dang, good luck with a half-marathon on plantar fasciitis! I developed a bad case in November 2013 trying to get in shape for the January 2014 RNG. I've been to a podiatrist, an active release guy, and a chiropractor to fix various things; I've worked on my running form, I stretch like crazy. I'm finally seeing some progress, but I'll still be lucky to actually run half of the 10K!

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That sounds like a death march! I could have handled it maybe 25 yrs ago when I was fresh out of basic but if I tried 20k now they'd have to send out a wagon to pick me up.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plantar Faciitis
Good luck, I had that around Nov 2012 I luckily spent thanksgiving that year with a person recently diagnosed for it. I was in early stages and was able to do stretches and multiple pairs of comfortable shoes for rehab. I remember it hurt so bad to walk bare foot. Not a do again.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still set on running an AR instead of the bolt gun this time. Just need to decide on what ammo to shoot, probably some flavor of 69gr bthp. I honestly don't think I have fired a gun since jan run n gun. Coaching daughters U10 softball team just eats time up, but I love it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am still set on running an AR instead of the bolt gun this time. Just need to decide on what ammo to shoot, probably some flavor of 69gr bthp. I honestly don't think I have fired a gun since jan run n gun. Coaching daughters U10 softball team just eats time up, but I love it.

You only get them as kids once!

Latest posts

Top Bottom