PCM Tune for '03 Suburban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an '03 Suburban that has 218K miles on it with the 5.3 Flex fuel engine.

I really like the vehicle except it needs more power and I have been chasing P codes related to the Drive By Wire Throttle System forever. I posted my "Reduced Engine Power" troubles here.

https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?175340-quot-Reduced-Engine-Power-quot&highlight=suburban

I don't know anything about tuners or PCM tunes except that they do exist.

I would like to delete the codes that keep causing it to go into "Reduced Engine Power" all the time if possible, and give it a little more performance and/or fuel mileage.

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have them take out the torque management and variable timing in your tune. (Common in most customs tunes)
It won't add a lot of HP per say, but it will allow your truck to use all it's HP that it already has. Plus raise mileage a bit in the process. You'll just be taking out all the "restrictions" the motor has from the factory.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! I checked out the website.

Did you use the Traditional Tune, or the Scan Cable Tune?

What about deleting codes or making them a "Non-error Code"? Does anyone know about this?

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Scan Cable and AutoCal are the better options. The Traditional works fine but the tunes isn't "fine tuned" to your truck like the Scan type. They are a little more $ but worth it...
As for you error codes. It depends on the code or what's causing it. If its a hard part that messing up then it'll probably have to be fixed/replaced. Sometimes things like the redundant O2 sensors and stuff can be programmed out to not use anymore.

oneton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had excellent results with Nelson Performance in San Antonio. There is a ton of options to choose from and they can program for larger injectors etc... Mail your computer in to them, tell them what you want. The turn around for me was less than a week.

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom