PCM Tune for '03 Suburban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contact Justin at Black Bear
[email protected]

They are the who's who of LS tuning and they have a couple options to choose from
It makes a world of difference to have an customs PCM tune!

Blackbear has solid tunes but I would not call them the who's who of LS tuning, not even close honestly. Especially when you have other shops like Texas Speed, Vengeance, Speed Inc., EPS, LPE, ect..

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my tuned ECM for my diesel. What is the cost for the gasser? How much longer I was keeping the vehicle with 218k would factor in whether I spent the money on a tune.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.trifectaperformance.com/

I'm a dealer if you need to shop around

I checked out the website and I am not sure how that works. Got anymore info?

If you want local call Bo at aps he's a stand up guy and knows his stuff.runs a full shop and also does tuning and dyno services.

Thanks. Local would be nice.

Blackbear has solid tunes but I would not call them the who's who of LS tuning, not even close honestly. Especially when you have other shops like Texas Speed, Vengeance, Speed Inc., EPS, LPE, ect..

Thanks, I will check those others out.

I love my tuned ECM for my diesel. What is the cost for the gasser? How much longer I was keeping the vehicle with 218k would factor in whether I spent the money on a tune.

I plan on keeping it until it won't go no more. It is the perfect vehicle for me if the damn thing will run right.

So far, it looks like it costs $200-$300. I have spent more than that throwing parts at it that "mechanics" have said it needs.

I don't really need a performance tune, but I am looking for a tune to maybe solve my "REP" problems, and might as well go all out.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your going to get an actual tune on it, look into shops close that do full dyno/street tunes. I know there are a couple people in Oklahoma who do LS based tunes if you don't wanna travel far. They will get you a better tune than a mail order. Granted the LS series engines have been around so long many people share tunes & you can almost find a good base tune for any combination but nothing beats a true specifically for your car/truck.

There is a TSP link in my sig...

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Who you go with for your tune is all personal preference.
But to say BB isnt close to as good as Texas speed or Speed inc is a joke dude. BB, Nelson, Wheatly etc are some of the best tuners in the country. Just as good if not better than TS, ESP etc...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with WheatlyPerformance with my 5.3 and it was a huge difference. The guy is a bit old school and only answers via email, but he's very knowledgeable and he will always revise the tune for free if you pay shipping as I've had mine done twice after mods. Heard good things Nelson and BB, but have no experience.

Got some headers and y pipe from Texas speed and marine and they bolted right up.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went with WheatlyPerformance with my 5.3 and it was a huge difference. The guy is a bit old school and only answers via email, but he's very knowledgeable and he will always revise the tune for free if you pay shipping as I've had mine done twice after mods. Heard good things Nelson and BB, but have no experience.

Got some headers and y pipe from Texas speed and marine and they bolted right up.

How long ago did you use Wheatly? I cannot find any contact that works and the website is down.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who you go with for your tune is all personal preference.
But to say BB isnt close to as good as Texas speed or Speed inc is a joke dude. BB, Nelson, Wheatly etc are some of the best tuners in the country. Just as good if not better than TS, ESP etc...

You go on ahead & believe that if you want man, like you said, personal preference. But what do I know, only been in the LS performance game since 05' myself personally.
Nelson does good work but I do not see many LS people running their tunes.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[email protected] is his email. Last time I emailed him was November of last year for a e-fan question.

He's a sponsor on performancetrucks.net and his last activity was 2am this morning so I guess he's still around? Like I said, he's old school....

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You still got the white car? How's it running if so?

Latest posts

Top Bottom