Peacock sucks...Chiefs/Dolphins game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoots $6 worth of ammo in 60 seconds. Won't spend $6 to watch a 3 hour football game. Got it. :)
Exactly. The same people complaining probably go to local events and pay $12 for a beer, plus parking etc.

Pay the $6 or don’t watch it. Choose your battles to fight, $2 an hour to watch something you want is not going to break you. If it does, you should probably be putting stuff in the classifieds.

mahatma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. The same people complaining probably go to local events and pay $12 for a beer, plus parking etc.

Pay the $6 or don’t watch it. Choose your battles to fight, $2 an hour to watch something you want is not going to break you. If it does, you should probably be putting stuff in the classifieds.
Some of you people just don't get it do you?

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks are saying that the football game on Peacock was a test to see how many people would sign up to watch it. Not counting the people already subscribed, if a large enough number signed up at the last minute to watch, you will probably have to pay to watch all the playoff games as well as the Super Bowl in the future. I cannot think of a sport that I would pay todays rates to watch, that is unless they decide to televise a pay per view boxing match between Mike Tyson and Hillary Clinton.

It's probably more of a test of whether a bunch of people watching a live event on a streaming platform at once is doable. I would imagine the viewership of this event to be considerably less than the Super Bowl and I doubt that event would work out quite so well at this point. They're getting close, though, and when they do eventually all premium content will be behind a paywall. Remember, public airwaves exist to inform the masses in an emergency and not particularly to entertain us.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's probably more of a test of whether a bunch of people watching a live event on a streaming platform at once is doable. I would imagine the viewership of this event to be considerably less than the Super Bowl and I doubt that event would work out quite so well at this point. They're getting close, though, and when they do eventually all premium content will be behind a paywall. Remember, public airwaves exist to inform the masses in an emergency and not particularly to entertain us.
I read somewhere that some people had complaints about resolution reduction and screen freezing / delays with the streaming.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you people just don't get it do you?
I see it as a changing market place where people have a choice to adapt or be a laggard and forced to adapt at some point.

The days of network television are gone and yelling at the clouds won’t bring them back. If you don’t like it, find the game on the radio and listen.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They spent a bunch on advertising for the peacock stream thing. Even peacock NBC Ch 4 local had the the chiefs/dolphins pregame warm-up for a full 30 min before the game. Like it was the super bowl fixing to come on. I almost bit with being able to watch AMA Supercross also Saturday. Glad I didn't. Hope the Pukcock chokes on its Pea!!!!!!!!!!!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m waiting to see the release of viewership numbers. I’ve read that several experts are expecting this game to have the lowest viewership number of all play-off games ever recorded.

Latest posts

Top Bottom