Pheasant Hunt Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Pond Creek and Billings with my 2 brothers and a couple of Uncles today. Had a hard hunt but lots of fun. Everyone got 1 pheasant. The dogs jumped a bobcat and I rolled it with a load of #6s out of my 20 ga. I found a deer I shot Saturday that I had not been able to find in the tall weeds. Here is the hero shot.

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_12_1_10PheasantHunt.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was hunting in a field of CRP that was chest high. Shooting him at that distance, 393 yrds to where he dropped, it was windy and I didn't hear the bullet hit him but I watched all the other deer he was with run off and he wasn't with them. When I got down and went to look, everything looked different from the ground. If I had had someone with me that I could have given signals on where to walk, I think I could have walked them right to him from the blind but when I got on the ground, I picked the wrong spot. I had lined him up with a tree in the distance but on the ground, there was a hill and I couldn't see the tree. Stinks to lose the meat but the coyotes ate well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet!
I had to work today and the rest of the week. I read the report from the ODW about the great pheasant population this year.
I don't know where they were reporting from, but after walking a cazillion miles to and from my stand in prime pheasant area, I'm seeing very few birds.
Normally in the stand at roost time, there will be dozens fly in to a roost. this year, one or two. Poor population in the Grant country where I'm at. Don't even see any on the roads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom