Physician opposition to SQ 788 speaks volumes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problems is the bill is written poorly, they need to rewrite it and make it clear that it is for medical use, not for recreational use.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, did you say marijuana, or alcohol? Want to go back to Prohibition?

latest

The problems is the bill is written poorly, they need to rewrite it and make it clear that it is for medical use, not for recreational use.

Where does it say recreational?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could you point that out? Went thru the bill with a friend lastnight and I didn't get a "for recreation" vibe.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What part of the bill can be interpreted as opening up the laws for recreational use? Because I haven't seen this outside of religious scare propaganda. Be specific and cite the language if you could please.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could you point that out? Went thru the bill with a friend lastnight and I didn't get a "for recreation" vibe.
They're just trying to scare the populace, have you seen their commercial? According to them, EVERY college freshmen will be growing 12 plants in their dorm room, it's pretty hilarious.

At the end of the commercial they say, "let's do this right". OK's legislature has had all the time in the world to "do this right" and they go session after session with little results. When was the last time the OK legislature did anything right? Education funding anybody.?

The problem with medical marijuana is there is no way to avoid abuse. Call it a freedom all yoy want. I don't care if our founding father cultivated it, spoke of it, wrote of it. Call it a freedom all you want, nce it has gained popularity, it'll spread across the fabric of America and lead us all into a pit of agony. Sure, it will start out harmless enough, and help where it can, but history has shown we humans don't settle for self-imposed self control and acceptable moral values for long. We just change our morals to reflect whatever public opinion is. It's a personal freedom for a purpose first, then it spreads. Sure, you'll need a doctors approval and a license, for now... but it eventually hops from something you do privately to something common in public. Before you know it, you can't even take in a movie, go to the mall, or enjoy a good sermon at church without someone ruining your experience. Then the youth will start to see it as the norm, and all of a sudden it's in our schools. You really want that? You can't fight that sort of unstoppable train, you have to derail it right out of the station. You can't wait to pick your fight when it grows too large, you have get ahead of those who will inevitably abuse even the best intentions and ban all guns.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What part of the bill can be interpreted as opening up the laws for recreational use? Because I haven't seen this outside of religious scare propaganda. Be specific and cite the language if you could please.
JD, do you have any links to the "religious scare propaganda"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom