Picked up a pork belly today - what to do with it? :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped at Perry's in Tulsa (10th/Lewis) and picked up a 5lb-ish pork belly.

Was planning on doing it in the smoker - ya'll got any recipes/ideas on what to do with it?

Also picked up about 5 lbs of beef ribs, which are new to me, so I'm heading out looking for some recipes for rubs, as I usually use Meathead's Memphis Dust on my pork ribs, and I'm not sure that is going to be best for beef ribs.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the pork belly, I've seen a bunch of different approaches on various shows on Food Network and most of them seem pretty good. I just did a search on that site and came up with lots of possibilities. I wouldn't know which one to choose.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered about this method.....will try this the next time I get beefy dino ribs. Maybe using Butcher's Beef Rub or a Pecan Rub..Using my Yoder Pellet with pecan pellets.

Last Sunday I did Aaron's BBQ Pork Ribs in my Yoder grill.............they were excellent.

Malcom's Killer Hog Rub...light coating,Head Country Original sauce, Apple Cider Vinegar. I followed the recipe with the exception of a water pan in my Yoder pellet smoker/grill. I used BBQ Delight pecan and cherry mixed pellets and an .....A Maze N Tube Pellet Smoker for added smoke flavor.

Dang the ribs were good watching my Houston Texans loss to the Chiefs.

I totally stopped the 3-2-1 method and just stick with the Franklin method for pork ribs. One of these days I'm going to his BBQ restaurant....just wondering if I can wait in line that loooooooong!!!

www.fedmanwalking.com_sites_default_files_images_franklinbbq4w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been to Perry's in about 15 years TR....Used to go in there and buy a LARGE beef tenderloin for about 20 smackers...slice off steaks and whatever from it forever it seems.

Now you can't touch one hardly for under $100.00...over my retired budget...but good memories.

Call me when the belly is done and I will make sure you don't have any leftovers :)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hehehe... yeah, it's smellin' pretty good at my house right about now. Got the beef ribs on the smoker, got the pork belly in the oven. Decided not to let it cure, just scored it and did a rub for it and it's in a roasting pan in the oven. Rub is mainly brown sugar, some cumin, garlic powder, salt, paprika. For the beef ribs I did a rub with garlic and onion powder, cumin, chipotle powder, salt and pepper. I soaked them in Moore's Marinade first, then rubbed them and smoked 'em for about 3 hours - now they're wrapped with some apple juice and should be done pretty soon.

It's a carnivore holiday up in my house today. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom