Picked up this beauty today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith429421

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this New Model Ruger Blackhawk 357 Magnum at my LGS. If I figured correctly, it was made in 1973.
Never fired. Now, to shoot or not to shoot?
0C5BEBE1-B91F-4A9E-B555-F5427C670840.jpeg

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful. I’ve always been a shoot it, it’s a gun and meant to be shot. BUT, as I’ve aged and matured, that may not always be the case. I’ve started thinking about and researching buying guns that I’ll probably never shoot in order to preserve or help preserve their value. Sitting in the safe, some things can wrong. Dragging them out to the range and making mini explosions, lots can wrong. Your choice.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the factory test fires them with proof loads.
So never fired eeehhh.
I suppose if you like looking at them and not shooting then do not shoot it.

I had a really high quality Browning sweet 16 dated 1957 and it was so nice I did not want to take it hunting as I would surely put a scratch on it.
I traded it off for a savage .308 heavy barrel new in the box.
I did not have but $90 in that Browning.

Keith429421

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful. I’ve always been a shoot it, it’s a gun and meant to be shot. BUT, as I’ve aged and matured, that may not always be the case. I’ve started this king about and researching buying guns that I’ll probably never shoot in order to preserve or help preserve their value. Sitting in the safe, some things can wrong. Dragging them out to the range and making mini explosions, lots can wrong. Your choice.
I hear ya!! But it just begs to be shot!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom