Pilot locked out of cockpit prior to germanwings crash.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So how does it work in the USA? If a doc says you shouldn't fly because of depression or mental issues..........do they just hand the pilot a note to give to his boss............like a doc does a kid for being sick? I'd think it wouldn't be solely up to the pilot to report these finding to the airline.

airpowmech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how does it work in the USA? If a doc says you shouldn't fly because of depression or mental issues..........do they just hand the pilot a note to give to his boss............like a doc does a kid for being sick? I'd think it wouldn't be solely up to the pilot to report these finding to the airline.
It depends if the doc is a flight doc I believe he has a duty to report the suspension of flight status to both the FAA and employer. If it's a normal doc it is probably a note. I am not 100% on this though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Makes you wonder about our HIPAA laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom