pipe smokers....tobacco pipe smokers..tobacco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are really testing my resolve here. I smoked for 41 years, about 20 of those with primarily Peterson pipes. April of 2003 was when I quit, and while I've had the "occasional" desire for the pipe again, this discussion is beginning to get to me.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several Petersons but no Churchwardens. Yet. I actually smoke very little. I just like pipes. I tried a couple tins of Peterson tobacco. Sweet Kilarny and Sunset Breeze. They smell fantastic but I did not like the taste. It had a sort of chemical after taste to me. Teds Pipe Shop has some fantastic tobaccos. Kilarny, Casa Blanca, Concordia and Grand Prix are my favorites.

http://www.tedspipeshoppe.com/

My pipes:
www.ozarxx.org_images_pipes_s.jpg

MB1008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Teds Pipe Shop has some fantastic tobaccos. Kilarny, Casa Blanca, Concordia and Grand Prix are my favorites.

http://www.tedspipeshoppe.com/

I can second Ted's and their Kilarny and Casa Blanca tobacco. They also have one called 'Private Stock' that is one of my favorites.

Outside of house blends, Dunhill's 'Early Morning Pipe' and 'Royal Yacht' are also good. I enjoy their 'night Cap' as well but it's a stronger blend that I only smoke on occassion.

I haven't found any aromatics that impress me yet.

My Savinelli is my 'go to' pipe but I occasionally rotate in a Peterson barrel and a Nording.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My great grandpa smoked a corncob pipe and prince edward tobacco. I remember when he was still alive he'd let me blow out the match. I'll never forget the smell of that tobacco.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am reviving an old thread.
I enjoy Vauen Pipes.

I still prefer aromatics but have really grown to appreciate the English.
Kohlhase & Kopp blends are among my favorite aromatics The Christmas 2014 is top . Nording Hunter-Pointer blend is up there with dark cocoa & espresso notes. As far as English, I like the Squadron Leader over most.

I picked up a beautiful Vauen a couple months ago in Munich. It's quickly become my favorite
www.vauen.de_userdir_img_product_detail_111.1249.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom