Smoker advice - need goop remover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they consider "above"... the chimney cap is shaped like a cone... is the 1" they're talking about the point of the cone supposed to be above the edges of the cylinder of the chimney, or are they talking the outside edge of the cone being 1" above the edges of the chimney?

Of course, Traeger says their warranty is void if you don't use their pellets, which are notoriously some of the lowest quality on the market...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they consider "above"... the chimney cap is shaped like a cone... is the 1" they're talking about the point of the cone supposed to be above the edges of the cylinder of the chimney, or are they talking the outside edge of the cone being 1" above the edges of the chimney?

Of course, Traeger says their warranty is void if you don't use their pellets, which are notoriously some of the lowest quality on the market...
A 1" gap opening.
I have never used a treager pellet yet and have had 2 warrantied parts sent to me.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, but go to the yellow pages and call some chimney sweeps. Tell them what's going on and they may be able to help or suggest something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom