Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With Oklahoma being a second amendment sanctuary; what does that mean for us. Anyone have a clue who the right person to ask would be?

This is a cluster f*** waiting to happen.

From what I understand,

You have 120 days to register your brace, for a "free" stamp.
FBI has refused to do the background checks. Told ATF, "YOUR CIRCUS, YOUR MONKEY, YOU DO BACKGROUND CHECKS."
ATF has 88 days to approve stamp. At day 89, applications automatically DENIED. You are in possession of non-approved NFA item, to which you confessed to having and ATF is obligated to act on.

SCOTUS will most likely become involved, soon.
How many will have their freedom and lives destroyed by overreach and stupidity?

Hope I am wrong. Glad I don't have one. Is this the last straw to revolution?
Popcorn is popping.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a cluster f*** waiting to happen.

From what I understand,

You have 120 days to register your brace, for a "free" stamp.
FBI has refused to do the background checks. Told ATF, "YOUR CIRCUS, YOUR MONKEY, YOU DO BACKGROUND CHECKS."
ATF has 88 days to approve stamp. At day 89, applications automatically DENIED. You are in possession of non-approved NFA item, to which you confessed to having and ATF is obligated to act on.

SCOTUS will most likely become involved, soon.
How many will have their freedom and lives destroyed by overreach and stupidity?

Hope I am wrong. Glad I don't have one. Is this the last straw to revolution?
Popcorn is popping.
It is ambiguous but I think they want people to register their SBR, not the brace/stock...if a weapon has a stock and a short barrel, then it is an NFA item and has to be stamped. But the braces themselves are now just being seen as "stocks" which is a common gun part; no different than putting it on a full-sized A2 rifle or something. The braces also work for airsoft guns, etc., so from what I have seen they are wanting a complete weapon to be registered, not a plastic gun part. Otherwise, anyone who ownes ANY AR stock would have to register since they are all considered stocks now? A lot of people who do register will probably just swap the brace for a stock anyway since they will have a legal SBR at that point. So doesn't make any sense to serialize the pistol brace itself.

In the case of things like roni's, a 16" barrel can easily be added if someone wanted to legally use with a real gun. They can also be used for airsoft, BB guns, etc...So I still do not see the plastic gun parts themselves as being the NFA items. It is the gun itself (lower of whatever you have) that would be the SBR form my understanding.

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this reply from my representative today.

Response from Senator James Lankford

To:

Thu 1/19/2023 3:23 PM

117_JL_Letterhead.jpg

January 19, 2023

Thank you for contacting me about pistol braces. I appreciate the opportunity to hear from you.
Pistol braces can be incredibly useful tools that help stabilize guns while shooting. Historically, pistol braces have been used by disabled combat veterans. In recent years, pistol braces have grown in popularity with all types of shooting sports.
I have heard from Oklahomans who are opposed to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) recently proposed rulemaking that would classify almost all pistol braces as rifles. I am glad to hear from them because I am also strongly opposed to this final rule. This ATF proposal is a significant change in policy because rifles are considered National Firearms Act (NFA) items and must be registered and taxed through the ATF. I am critical of any ATF rule that changes or adds to NFA regulation because it often results in burdensome requirements for law-abiding gun owners. The rule is also incredibly vague in explaining how gun-owners can comply with the new regulation.
That is why on April 12, 2022, I introduced the Pistol Brace Protection Act, which would gut the ATF rule by eliminating subjective standards that exist in federal law that have allowed ATF to reclassify firearms under the NFA. My bill guarantees that law-abiding gun owners will not have to register, destroy, or surrender their pistol brace. To read more about my bill, please click here.
Congress determines firearm policy within the boundary of the Second Amendment. This is a clear power grab from the ATF and a prime example of a bloated and unchecked bureaucracy. To push back against this rule, I also signed onto a letter with fellow Republican Senators that explains in detail why pistol braces should not be classified as NFA items and what this means for Americans. The letter was sent to the Department of Justice (DOJ) and ATF last year.
I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to email me again at www.lankford.senate.gov to learn more about my work in the United States Senate for all of us.

In God We Trust,
SenatorSignature48.jpg

James Lankford
United States Senator
I have corresponded with Mr. Lankford a few times. He never did respond to my questions about him approving Garland for AG. (this ties right to that)

I would trust my Malinois with a ribeye more than I trust Lankford.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No different than criminalizing abortion to be honest.
Although I agree that some of the more strict abortion laws may have hurt republicans in the mid-term, I also can't compare stopping a beating heart to taking away a right that is in intentionally spelled out the constitution.

I also would ask if you are aware that at the federal level, nobody criminalized abortion. It is a states rights issue and as with guns, some states have more restrictive laws than others. So your argument doesn't make sense to me since this is being done at the federal level. At least the states that passed abortion laws passed them as laws and not "rules".

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I agree that some of the more strict abortion laws may have hurt republicans in the mid-term, I also can't compare stopping a beating heart to taking away a right that is in intentionally spelled out the constitution.

I also would ask if you are aware that at the federal level, nobody criminalized abortion. It is a states rights issue and as with guns, some states have more restrictive laws than others. So your argument doesn't make sense to me since this is being done at the federal level. At least the states that passed abortion laws passed them as laws and not "rules".
Criminalization, even at the state level, disqualifies voters. That's the point of it. And if you think it's stopping a heart beat I don't know what to tell you other than that I think looking into that concept more is in order.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Criminalization, even at the state level, disqualifies voters. That's the point of it. And if you think it's stopping a heart beat I don't know what to tell you other than that I think looking into that concept more is in order.
I lost an unborn child that had a beating heart at 8 weeks and it was gone at 12. What I am stating is a non-debatable, medical fact. Children have heartbeats in the womb; very early on. I respect your opinon as a fellow brother on this board, but just not sure what you mean that I should look into whether abortion stops a beating heart more? You can still have an opinion that it is a personal choice, but it is someone else's heart being stopped there.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 88 day BS is click bait! Just so you guys know. Don’t fall for it. I have personally had a form 1 go beyond 88 days. The video creators are just making money off you!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom