Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL they have TEAMS of lawyers writing these "rules" for literally YEARS which in fact illegally have the force of law, and they STILL they can't get it right or even logical. I'd love to know the difference between "removing a brace" and "permanently removing a brace". If I give the brace away to someone who only owns rifles, is it now removed or permanently removed? If I have no brace I cant really shoulder a buffer tube unless you want to be so absurd that you can technically shoulder a regular sized pistol. It would be very hard to shoulder a regular pistol and actually fire it but I guess it COULD be done. So I guess ALL pistols can technically be shouldered so are they now illegal too? If I take off the brace but not the buffer tube is that sufficient? If I take off the buffer tube AND the brace it now can't function at all but if I buy a new buffer tube and brace then it's not "permanently" removed I guess, right? So it sounds like totally destroying the gun or turning it in is the ONLY way to meet the standard they set, correct? Cluster Foxtrot squared...

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...absurd that you can technically shoulder a regular sized pistol. It would be very hard to shoulder a regular pistol and actually fire it but I guess it COULD be done. So I guess ALL pistols can technically be shouldered so are they now illegal too?...So it sounds like totally destroying the gun or turning it in is the ONLY way to meet the standard they set, correct? Cluster Foxtrot squared...
They can't ban the "Taco hold" LOL...

As discussed before, you can add a 16" barrel or upper and then the brace, stock or whatever doesn't matter. If I were affected by this, I would be adding a 16"+ barrel and then ditching the brace for a real stock. If you kept the short upper as spare parts, just disassemble it for storage and don't store it with any spare rifle tube lowers, OR assemble with a pistol buffer tube lower maybe? I'm not a lawyer, just an observer giving my personal opinions based on what I have gathered by following this issue.

Last edited:

Gypsy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can imagine turning it in, and the guy forgets to, or improperly records it, and your whole house gets sacked anyway. My whole thing is how does someone avoid even a knock on their door?

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The county I'm in is still run by a bunch of fudds at the sheriff's office...but at least the county just south is taking a stand.

Screenshot_20230211_132401.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The county I'm in is still run by a bunch of fudds at the sheriff's office...but at least the county just south is taking a stand.

View attachment 348006
That's real sweet. Now will Sheriff Bakewell arrest any ATF agents for violating the rights of Nance County citizens? Intervene when some thug tries to take what doesn't belong to him?

These LEOs around here are making similar statements but fall short of swearing to protect citizens from unconstitutional infringement.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched two different vids yesterday from two major retailers who attended an ATF seminar put on to explain and take questions on the brace ruling. The first one said "all you have to do is slide your brace off your buffer tube and your legal" while the other said " you HAVE TO have a smooth pistol buffer tube to be in compliance". This is common, I'm even seeing 2nd amendment lawyers with wildly conflicting statements. It would be GREAT if we could get ACCURATE and CONCISE information rather than useless speculation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom