Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I watched two different vids yesterday from two major retailers who attended an ATF seminar put on to explain and take questions on the brace ruling. The first one said "all you have to do is slide your brace off your buffer tube and your legal" while the other said " you HAVE TO have a smooth pistol buffer tube to be in compliance". This is common, I'm even seeing 2nd amendment lawyers with wildly conflicting statements. It would be GREAT if we could get ACCURATE and CONCISE information rather than useless speculation.
But, but, but... It's crystal clear.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's real sweet. Now will Sheriff Bakewell arrest any ATF agents for violating the rights of Nance County citizens? Intervene when some thug tries to take what doesn't belong to him?

These LEOs around here are making similar statements but fall short of swearing to protect citizens from unconstitutional infringement.
Remember the scene in the James Garner movie TANK where the corrupt Sheriff orders his men to fire on Garner and his son when they are at the county line and the other county's sheriff orders his men to stop them and they have a stand off LOL. That is what you are describing but only happens in movies so far LOL.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched two different vids yesterday from two major retailers who attended an ATF seminar put on to explain and take questions on the brace ruling. The first one said "all you have to do is slide your brace off your buffer tube and your legal" while the other said " you HAVE TO have a smooth pistol buffer tube to be in compliance". This is common, I'm even seeing 2nd amendment lawyers with wildly conflicting statements. It would be GREAT if we could get ACCURATE and CONCISE information rather than useless speculation.

Well now hold on just a minute... This type of confusion could actually be a good thing and from what I've heard the ambiguity of the "rule" is central to at least a couple of the lawsuits against it.

As far as I'm concerned, the more confusing the better. If the ATF can't understand it how can the average citizen? It may not be a bad thing.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember the scene in the James Garner movie TANK where the corrupt Sheriff orders his men to fire on Garner and his son when they are at the county line and the other county's sheriff orders his men to stop them and they have a stand off LOL. That is what you are describing but only happens in movies so far LOL.
Standing by while the ATF arrests you and directly intervening to stop them is two WILDLY different scenarios. I think I read somewhere that one sheriff said he would not allow it but most, if not all, have only said they won't "assist" the ATF.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
That's real sweet. Now will Sheriff Bakewell arrest any ATF agents for violating the rights of Nance County citizens? Intervene when some thug tries to take what doesn't belong to him?

These LEOs around here are making similar statements but fall short of swearing to protect citizens from unconstitutional infringement.
💯This is what I've said several times. It's just hot air. Does anyone think these sheriffs will confront and throw down with a fed gov agency to protect their own folks? Nah, of course not.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, So you watched two vidjas from people who said they attended an ATF seminar and were relaying the said info to you via their vidjas? So they are relaying 3rd person info in a "produced" vidja? And that is supposed to be reliable? lol

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, So you watched two vidjas from people who said they attended an ATF seminar and were relaying the said info to you via their vidjas? So they are relaying 3rd person info in a "produced" vidja? And that is supposed to be reliable? lol
It was about as "reliable" as I thought it would be. I'm sure if you asked two ATF agents to clarify anything then you'd get two different answers from them also.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But did you see the ATF agents actually say anything in the vidja? Or was it the host saying that the ATF Agents said it?
no it was just an interview of two people that saw the same seminar. i'm sure if it was ten people there would have been ten versions

Latest posts

Top Bottom