Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. They are leaving the door open to even consider the buffer tube a stock (#4 below). I mean they don't define the actual criteria they will use to make such determination but instead give us these "conceptual factors" that they will use. So I guess we are good if they are in a good mood that day?

They’re so vague, but they do concede that a buffer tube is necessary for the operation of an AR-15, so they can’t just flat-out declare the tube a stock. To do so would be to make every AR pistol ever made, an SBR simply because of the existence of a necessary component of the AR platform. They’d get crucified, and rightfully so. I expect this ruling to go the way of the frames ruling, only more so.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They’re so vague, but they do concede that a buffer tube is necessary for the operation of an AR-15, so they can’t just flat-out declare the tube a stock. To do so would be to make every AR pistol ever made, an SBR simply because of the existence of a necessary component of the AR platform. They’d get crucified, and rightfully so. I expect this ruling to go the way of the frames ruling, only more so.
Well it should come to pass that you are 1000% correct. But they also previously ruled braces as "not a stock" too. Personally I don't think they give one **** about what happens in the courts or what anybody thinks and that they are just going to do it anyway right up until they can't...

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
0nax33r352ca1.png

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could a person change the barrel length on a current short barreled upper to 16” and keep the brace and not run afoul? Is the brace now a regulated item, or just when attached to a pistol?

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could a person change the barrel length on a current short barreled upper to 16” and keep the brace and not run afoul? Is the brace now a regulated item, or just when attached to a pistol?
if the the overall length is 26 in or more, it’s fine. If not, I believe it makes it an AOW.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They don't give a ****. This is just one more step to banning all guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom