Pit Bulls defend family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. One thing is for sure... criminals aren't reading the newspapers.

It seems I can't get my wife to understand about the home invasions. She thinks I'm nut job when it comes to it. I told her its reasonable safety precaustions not me being a nut job.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It seems I can't get my wife to understand about the home invasions. She thinks I'm nut job when it comes to it. I told her its reasonable safety precaustions not me being a nut job.

I certainly hope you're wife doesn't become a victim. One thing I've stressed with my wife when I'd stay with her in Canada was to be prepared. She was dubious about my way of thinking until I ran through some scenarios with her with me playing the BG. I'd ask her what she'd do in different situations. It finally began to dawn on her how vulnerable she actually was. Sadly, having firearms in Canada is difficult, especially when it comes to handguns.

Once she's down here (we're thinking by March), she'll cuddle up to her Charter Arms "Pink Lady" .38spl that I bought for on her last visit to OK and sits in my gun safe waiting for her.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good dog! My wife's little blue heeler/aussie cattle dog mix is about as friendly as could be, but she surprised us by puffing up and getting really nasty at the fence when she didn't know it was my wife on the other side of the gate. Dogs know who their families are, and are almost always extremely defensive of them.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I certainly hope you're wife doesn't become a victim. One thing I've stressed with my wife when I'd stay with her in Canada was to be prepared. She was dubious about my way of thinking until I ran through some scenarios with her with me playing the BG. I'd ask her what she'd do in different situations. It finally began to dawn on her how vulnerable she actually was. Sadly, having firearms in Canada is difficult, especially when it comes to handguns.

Once she's down here (we're thinking by March), she'll cuddle up to her Charter Arms "Pink Lady" .38spl that I bought for on her last visit to OK and sits in my gun safe waiting for her.

I'm with ya. I talked her into getting her CCW. And finally got her to carry it. My two German Shepherds help with her security and me forcing her to learn to shot my Mossberg 590. I also got her to practice with her little polish P-64. She's slowly coming around. But she still thinks its not gonna happen to her.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm with ya. I talked her into getting her CCW. And finally got her to carry it. My two German Shepherds help with her security and me forcing her to learn to shot my Mossberg 590. I also got her to practice with her little polish P-64. She's slowly coming around. But she still thinks its not gonna happen to her.

Let's hope it never does. But as the Boyscouts say, be prepared...

In my situation my wife comes from a background where guns aren't common so imagine the culture clash between her and me. She still doesn't quiet understand my fascination with firearms but at least she's willing to try to understand. Add in that she's a sweetheart and I'm 100% ******* and our marriage doesn't make much sense.

shootingbuff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for the dogs. Glad to hear Pits mentioned in a positve role. Pits are really good dogs. Just don't get on their bad side.

Hope the dog/s pull through.

And dog bites can be slow healing ;-)

smallscalepilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear Pits mentioned in a positve role.

So true. Out pit mix is a extra lovable family dog and is the protector of our 21 month old. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body, but I'm pretty sure that would change if someone was to mess with her little buddy.

I didn't know much about pit's until we got her as a puppy, but we'll have another one. Gotta love the media for spreading twisted info!

Latest posts

Top Bottom