Places to live

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Moore has way too many traffic lights.
It only has too many lights if you are immediately off of I-35 between N 12th and S 19th. Once you get out the service road retail charlie foxtrot, it's no different than anywhere else.

I really think Moore is about the best place going in the metro - nice schools, affordable (more so than NW OKC, Edmond, Norman), wide range of inexpensive but solid housing (think 4th/19th and Tower/Eastern all the way up to 3000 sq ft new construction.

I think if you are looking to rent, and you like Moore, just check our other rentals in the area.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was at Tinker for several years, I headed out east. I lived in MWC near Rose State for a while. It just went downhill quick, so we moved to the Newalla/Little Axe area. SE of the base in the rural area stretching out to Newalla is decent. Also on the north side of I-40, the rural area around Choctaw is decent. I'd avoid Harrah.

I like the Newalla/Little Axe area. Quiet, and not too far. Took me about 30-min to get to the base with very little traffic. Also, there are many side routes for those times you want to avoid I-40 (such as rush hour at the 240/40 junction. I got used to hitting 149th all the way in with virtually no traffic.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The City of Edmond is going to be starting a free bus route from downtown Edmond to Tinker by the end of the year. With the price of gas may be worth keeping that in mind. They already run from Edmond to Downtown OKC everyday

That's awesome to know. Do you have any link for this? Either way, I'll be watching out for it.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome to know. Do you have any link for this? Either way, I'll be watching out for it.

No i dont have any info other than that is what we have been told by our Fleet superintendent the City Manager and several others involved with the City Link program. Here is their contact info if you want to call them:

Citylink Transit
407 W.15th Suite 1
Edmond, OK 73013
Customer Service: (405) 509-6370
Fax (405) 509-6371
[email protected]

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love that the metro is so afraid of MWC. Keeps the traffic down and allows the fam and I to eat, shop, etc. with lesser crowds. Stay away all ye men made of sugar.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love that the metro is so afraid of MWC. Keeps the traffic down and allows the fam and I to eat, shop, etc. with lesser crowds. Stay away all ye men made of sugar.

Minus Heritage Park Mall and a few areas, MWC has cleaned up in the last several years. I lived there a couple times, even as recently as before I bought my house in Edmond back in 2009. I had no problem with it.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are prob going to be places in any town where you wouldn't want to live. Have you narrowed it down any, like how far you wanna drive? What direction?

I personally live in the Moore/OKC area. Near 12th street & Western, it's a nice area. We have one and a half bathrooms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom