Places to Pick Up Glock Police Trade Ins?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
someone please talk me down from buying one of those cheap .45 gap guns....
The average cost for a 50 round box of FMJ is more than $30. A box of 20 JHP rounds is somewhere between $18 and $25--and this is from Bud's Gun Shop. Trying to find the ammo locally may be an exercise in futility.
Oh, and there's this, too: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/74560-45-gap-vs-45-acp-differences.html
One more thing to consider: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/22/what-ever-happened-to-glocks-45-gap/

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the 45GAP. The gun has a 9mm frame with a slightly larger slide. It uses the same bullet as the ACP, but the brass is the same length as the 9mm. Maximum magazine capacity is 10 rounds for the 37. It can be reloaded with the same dies as the ACP with a little adjusting. It uses a small primer.

Both the brass and the factory ammo can be found online. The prices may even be cheaper because they don't sell as much of it. I ran into a killer deal for 500 rounds about two years ago from a seller who thought he was buying ACP and didn't notice till he got home that it was GAP. That store policy was no refunds on ammo. I also ran across another deal over on Glock Talk. I bought 5k rounds of brass for $200.00.

As far as reloading, the data for the ACP and the GAP are almost identical. ACP brass can NOT be trimmed down to GAP size cause the base of the GAP brass is thicker than the ACP. I load either a 200 grain SWC of a 230 grain bullet with no problems at all.

The most difficult thing to find for the GAP is magazines. But, they can be found.