Plastic Only, No Cash??? WTF???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even worse, the powers that be can deny a transaction.

Think about that.

"They" can tell you what you are permitted to purchase. Anything you can think of that the elite would be uncomfortable with you purchasing?

You are not wearing a tinfoil hat. You are predicting the future.

They are already do that. Several banks are no longer offering credit to anyone in the firearms industry. I think it was Visa that tried to stop their cards from being used by or at an FFL (that fell through). Just one of the many steps they are trying to bring about disarmament.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Game Stop won't take cash and specifically said it was due to COVID-19.

They will sure let you touch that nasty keypad though. I watched them NOT clean it after my daughter bought here stuff.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Similar deal with my mom, she found the car she wanted and then proceeded to buy it and the dealer wouldn't honor the price they quoted her when they found out she was paying cash, they wanted a higher price. We left and went to another dealer and got the same treatment. The best pricing was only if she financed it, so she did and then paid it off. Stupid dealer games and fees :(

That's not a dealer game. That's a factory game. Some rebates are available only if financed thru certain institutions, like FMC or GMAC, etc, etc, etc.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People actually use cash?? Really? The literal ONLY time I ever use cash is FTF 2A transactions. Otherwise it 100% goes on a credit card that I pay off every week. And by "card" I mean "a rotating slate of cards that I rake in 1000's of dollars of bonuses on".

On average I get about 10g's worth of free travel a year by using credit for crap I'd already be buying.

Edit: My wife sent me to Winco once without telling me I couldn't use card, so I paid cash there once too.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Most people who use plastic overspend and no one ever got rich on credit card points. Those who claim to pay it off every month very rarely do. MANY people get themselves deep in debt buying stuff they don’t need. Maybe the Democrats will come up with a plan to forgive credit card debt when they do student loans. My dog could probably qualify for a VISA card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people who use plastic overspend and no one ever got rich on credit card points. Those who claim to pay it off every month very rarely do. MANY people get themselves deep in debt buying stuff they don’t need. [...]

I don't know that I could say it's making me rich, but 10k a year is 10k a year. Untaxed and free for the taking. Sure I probably have better self control than most people, but it's not hard to do. As examples, Later this month I'll hit spend requirement to get $1500 worth of Hilton points. Q4 last year I got 3.5k of Delta. Q3 this year is forecast as Chase points unless something changes. Meanwhile, using the bonus categories I likely get about an average of 5-6% on personal spend, and I can combine a lot of my business travel onto personal cards to hit additional bonuses that pump my number up higher too.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those who claim to pay it off every month very rarely do.

I run my business off a credit card, and credit with various suppliers.

Actually, I use it as a charge card. I pay the balance twice monthly. Really. However much I owe to that point gets paid. I run a zero balance.
Same on the household card, but once monthly it gets paid to zero.

The supply creditors I pay monthly.

I learned early in the game that if one doesn't pay ones suppliers, one doesn't stay in business long.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I use it as a charge card. I pay the balance twice monthly. Really. However much I owe to that point gets paid. I run a zero balance.
Same on the household card, but once monthly it gets paid to zero.

I use my credit card for nearly everything, and pay it off every Friday. Sometimes I skip one if I'm on vacation or something LOL but literally like it's 50 payments per year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom