Please excuse my ignorance...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After this botched election, I don't know what to believe.
I know what I believe, and that is we will never see another republican in the White House. The left has so much power and control they will never give it up. They are flagrant and open about it. They know us on the right are too gutless to stand up to them.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember bill clinton resigning . I remember Nixon resigning.

Yes resign is maybe the wrong term but it IS what he did the day before his term ended. Cut a deal and agreed to give up his law license to get the charges dropped is probably more correct. Didn;t matter anyway the clock was up. Good ole Slick Wille.

Last edited:

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes resign is maybe the wrong term but it IS what he did the day before his term ended. Cut a deal and agreed to give up his law license to get the charges dropped is probably more correct. Didn;t matter anyway the clock was up. Good ole Slick Wille.

What’s your source for this? Here’s what I found - he didn’t give up his license to practice law; only his right to practice before U. S. Supreme Court. And it had nothing to do with his presidency.

https://apnews.com/article/08c9ddda95024ee4a778628f749e9f4d

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s your source for this? Here’s what I found - he didn’t give up his license to practice law; only his right to practice before U. S. Supreme Court. And it had nothing to do with his presidency.

https://apnews.com/article/08c9ddda95024ee4a778628f749e9f4d

He gave up his law license to practice law in AR and was disbarred. You believe what you want to believe. I am not here to argue with you and I am definitely not interested in your web prowess on what you found or read on the internet. The last time I checked I am not required to provide you ANYTHING. I'm out of this thread, have at it.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are right as it reads in the 25 currently. A Constitutional scholar named Mattox was the one that brought this up. He argued that if a Presidents term is has been sufficiently impeded then he should be allowed a new first term. He was basing all this on there currently is no impediment to frivilous impeachments.

No one has ever tried to challenge it so far. The only one that could have done so so far was Bill Clinton. He was impeached while in office on his second term and resigned and later the charges were dropped. But he never tried. The reason it reads as it does right now was because of past Presidents and has been changed multiple times. Don't think it can't be changed again. These goons make it up as they go along as they see fit.
I think this would still get squashed quickly since the 22nd also goes on to limit total years in office to 10

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He gave up his law license to practice law in AR and was disbarred. You believe what you want to believe. I am not here to argue with you and I am definitely not interested in your web prowess on what you found or read on the internet. The last time I checked I am not required to provide you ANYTHING. I'm out of this thread, have at it.

I’m just interested in the facts, which is why I asked about your source - and you’re more accurate than I was; my apologies! He did give up his Arkansas law license on his last day, but it was suspended for five years - he was not disbarred. He became eligible to reapply for it in 2006, but I’ve not found if he did or not.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna10904831

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom