Please Help John Zane if you can.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forwarding a note from Mike Seeklander regarding John Zane:

Hey everyone- We just returned from a trip to visit John, and I am glad to say he is in high spirits, while yet in tremendous pain. John has multiple fractures in both legs, and a shattered pelvis. He has been through 2 surgery's and will endure several more over the coming weeks. Here is some additional information:

John is room 5339 in St. Francis hospital off Yale. He welcomes all visitors, but please text or call his cell phone before visiting (918-695-5179)
John is currently without insurance. While I am sure the person responsible (he was hit by a Broken Arrow school bus) will end up helping with his expenses, in the interim John will be without work for a long time. I am personally asking each of you to consider giving cash or whatever you can to help him through this tough time.
There is a webpage (click for the link) built for John on USSA's site that has donation options. You can find a link on it to donate through paypal.
The Paypal link is here: JOHN ZANE donation
Checks or cash can be given to me (Mike Seeklander) at USSA.
Donation's may also be given at the USSA Pro-Shop via cach, check, or credit card.
Please help spread word about John and the opportunity to donate on your facebook pages (just send them to USSA's site) and with your friends and family.

John is a tough guy and will surely recover strongly, but at this time we need to pool our resources and help him through. He is the kind of guy that would be there and go above and beyond for each of us if needed, so lets do the same for him!

Pray for a strong recovery!</p>

Last edited:

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did this happen? When? Was he in a car? On a motorcycle? Details?

I sort of work with him and this is the first I've heard of it.

EDIT:NVM Saw the other thread.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friday 12-16-11 at 4:30 2012 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special with 1650 miles on it.
I was west bound on 71st by lowes. I was in the left most lane and was first at the stop light and was waiting on green. I heard a metal crunch and felt a push, I was knocked out for a second. I woke up on hands and knees and felt tremendious pressure as the passenger side front tire was going across my chest. I was knocked out againand came to as the drivers rear tire came to rest on my right ankle. I tried to pull my self out from underneath the buss. The driver backed off my leg and I got dragged out from under the buss.
I servived 3 close encounters with death. The impact, being ran over, and being dragged. The total distance was 192 foot from impact to resting point. There was no skidmarks prior to contact.
I feel very lucky to be alive. I have always been never ride faster than your angels can fly. I am glad i was stopped anf all my angels were there.
Everyday after this crash is a gift and will be treated like it. I will treasure life because it can be taken away before you are ready. I am in great spirits and pain. I welcome the pain because it is a reminider that I am alive.
Thanks for all the support from my friends and family. I hope everyone has a great Christmas, this is the best Christmas presant I could be given.
I have 2 broken ribs and bruised lungs. Broken femur right leg. Broken tibula and fibula, a shattered ankle. A shattered pelvis. A totaled 2012 Harley Davidson.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are definitely words of inspiration John... You'll be just fine with that type of attitude about it and you'll have plenty of prayers on top too.

Keeping this bumped up...

Ps. Link isn't working for me, gives a PayPal error.

John Zane

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I am fixing to go home for a week. I still have another surgery next week, but it will be nice to be home. I had the greatest Christmas ever yesterday, because it was the one I almost didnt have. All 3 daughters and my grandbaby spent several hours here in my room with me. I want to thank everyone for there prayers and well wishes, they worked. I hope everyone has as special New year as I will have. Sorry for the many spelling mistakes, I am posting from my phone. Talk to you guys later.
John

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news John.

Getting home will feel great I'm sure and having your loved ones around you and supporting you is the best!

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I am fixing to go home for a week. I still have another surgery next week, but it will be nice to be home. I had the greatest Christmas ever yesterday, because it was the one I almost didnt have. All 3 daughters and my grandbaby spent several hours here in my room with me. I want to thank everyone for there prayers and well wishes, they worked. I hope everyone has as special New year as I will have. Sorry for the many spelling mistakes, I am posting from my phone. Talk to you guys later.
John

This is good news,you'll heal much better at home.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
glad to hear you get to go home for a week or so. that will be the best medicine ever. Is your youngest there to help you and are you going to be able to get around ok?.... Call me if i can help with anything.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll head up to USSA after I get my next check (christmas broke me, lol), but I also wanted to let you know that the link isn't working for me either. It comes up as a broken link.

John, glad to hear your family was able to spend Christmas with you! That is awesome! You are truly a blessed man!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know you, but I hope you recover fully and without lingering issues. I also hope you are compensated financially in a very big way. Be glad it was not a City of Tulsa bus, very tough to deal with a municipality and even harder to sue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom