Please help w/ FFL questions - I have problems w/ question 11c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"If you were given a deferred sentance, you have never been CONVICTED. Pull your osbi report, it should show "plead guilty, charge dismissed".

Also you can file a motion in all those cases to have them removed from your record if I remember right.

Call a lawyer to confirm this but I believe you can answer "no" and move on.

Heres the relevant statute--
22 O.S. 16.991.C"

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Statue, Title 21: Crimes and Punishments
§21 10. Punishment of misdemeanor.
Except in cases where a different punishment is prescribed by this chapter or by some existing provisions of law, every offense declared to be a misdemeanor is punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year or by a fine not exceeding five hundred dollars, or both such fine and imprisonment.
R.L.1910, § 2091.

FFL 11c asks "Have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony, or any other crime, for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation? (See Instructions for Question 11.c.)"

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should have clarified this better. The key question in 11c is have you ever been convicted. Based on the op's statement they have not been convicted assuming these cases originated in Oklahoma. Other states have different outcomes for deferred's.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything shootin 4 fun has said is right, same with hoov. the other guys screwed up and put themselves at risk if they get audited, and now that its all over the interwebz they probably will. the last guy did it by the book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom