Please OSA, tell me I misunderstood the news! Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair Tax = Repeal the 16th Amendment = No more IRS = No one to enforce Obamacare =

image-3018557142.jpg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judge Napolitano? Is he on the Supreme Court? Because it really isn't about people who don't agree with me.
The waitress at the TastyFreeze doesn't agree with me, but I'm not so sure her opinion has any bearing here.

Like I said, he's smarter than you and knows more on the subject than you and the TastyFreeze waitress combined, so I'll agree with him and disagree with you. Does that make you feel better? :D

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, he's smarter than you and knows more on the subject than you and the TastyFreeze waitress combined, so I'll agree with him and disagree with you. Does that make you feel better? :D
I have no doubt that he's smarter than me. Is that the issue? Our elite jurists seem to disagree with you and him.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They can vote to change it? So vote to change it. WTF does that have to do with the current situation?

Real simple, the freaking Dem controlled Senate will not work on a budget because that would give Republicans a chance to change it. They want Obamacare up and running so that it is to late to do anything. It is the Dems that are playing politics and avoiding the normal process and anyone that can not see that is to stupid to vote.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I haven't figured out is why half the population in this country hasn't marched on DC with torches and pitchforks. Personally? I wouldn't be a very benevolent dictator. There would be a fairly long row of heads on pikes by now... :(

It might happen yet.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BbqUyobrU7o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DBbqUyobrU7o%26feature%3 Dplayer_embedded[/video]

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is that benefits are not at risk, but some programs are. The House passed a bill today to fund those so it is up to the Senate and Obama now.

Real simple, the freaking Dem controlled Senate will not work on a budget because that would give Republicans a chance to change it. They want Obamacare up and running so that it is to late to do anything. It is the Dems that are playing politics and avoiding the normal process and anyone that can not see that is to stupid to vote.

I think this statement hits the nail squarely on the head.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would things be as fcked up as they are if we were able to elect regular law abiding Joes like ourselves to these offices instead of the choices we normally have: wealthy businessmen/women, lawyers, and professional politicians? Why dont more regular law abiding dudes like most of us run for these offices? Are rich people the only people we have to choose from because regular folks cant afford to run for office? Is the big money involved in getting a person elected to office what scares most regular people away from running for these offices? Did the founding fathers envision that only the fat cats would always be running the show?

How about then we just dump the current system and adopt a totally new system. Something similar to the jury duty system? Maybe a lottery or draft type of system? Make serving office a requirement of all law abiding American citizens? Then maybe we would truly be represented by 'the people'. If our country truly is a melting pot then why doesnt our government service reflect that? Our representatives could be randomly and periodically chosen from the large pool of law abiding citizens culled from the many different sociological and economical backgrounds we have to serve short mandatory terms with the pay more in line with the average salaries of most regular folks instead of the high salaries and fat benefits that they recieve now.

The people, us, are not being represented by people like 'us'. The politicians we have now are so far removed from the types of regular folk who elected them that it is disgusting. They have no idea what it is like to be on the other side of the fence. The decisions our politicians make rarely effect themselves.

Myself I personally have never felt that the majority of the politicians in the areas that I have lived at even knew who the majority of their true constituents really were because all they ever really interact with are big money people. I dont believe for one second that government service really is FUBU- for us by us. It is whoever has big money in their bank accounts. Regular folks get shut out of serving their government in elected office all because they dont have the money it takes to get themelves elected. Who is going to want to elect a poor musician or artist or convenience store worker or bus driver, electrician, secretary, chef, small business owner, etc, etc? Me, I would. Would be way better than the majority of the fckheads we've got working for us now in OKC and DC.

I say it is about time we storm the castles and throw the fat rich perverted asses out and get some people in there who knows what its like to live down here on the street level.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom