Pocket/ mini bikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are those groms like a ruckus? Cause I want a ruckus in a bad way but the wife says no.

Yes and no The Grom is a 125 cc, 4 speed motorcycle. The Ruckus is a 49cc CVT (using a centrifugal flywheel type thing... not sure the exact language) scooter.

I owned a Ruckus for a while, way back when they were about a grand less new than they are now (now I'd spend the money on the mechanically-identical Metropolitan). It was fun but 39-42 MPH was a bit slow for commuting around OKC from Moore. It would work much better in Tulsa really. The Grom can run 50+ and you have the ability to find the right gear to get moving. It's not fact but it's more responsive than the scooter. Not sure the fuel mileage but I did get 90-105 MPG with the scooter.

In some places, the 49cc saves some money on taxes and registration as the under 50cc size exempts it from car or motorcycle registration requirements. Not so in OK, which does not discriminate displacement, so there's no real savings on a 49cc in that regard.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and no The Grom is a 125 cc, 4 speed motorcycle. The Ruckus is a 49cc CVT (using a centrifugal flywheel type thing... not sure the exact language) scooter.

I owned a Ruckus for a while, way back when they were about a grand less new than they are now (now I'd spend the money on the mechanically-identical Metropolitan). It was fun but 39-42 MPH was a bit slow for commuting around OKC from Moore. It would work much better in Tulsa really. The Grom can run 50+ and you have the ability to find the right gear to get moving. It's not fact but it's more responsive than the scooter. Not sure the fuel mileage but I did get 90-105 MPG with the scooter.

In some places, the 49cc saves some money on taxes and registration as the under 50cc size exempts it from car or motorcycle registration requirements. Not so in OK, which does not discriminate displacement, so there's no real savings on a 49cc in that regard.

There was actually a 250cc Ruckus, they are bad ass...

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I still have the haness I'll have to look and see.
Your harness is there in your pic. The pics on the DRATV website are tagged and they should help you figure out where the important ones go. The other ones are for turn signals, horn, electric start, head and tail light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom