Police: 10-year-old draws a pistol to protect his Halloween candy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ct-his-halloween-candy/1?loc=interstitialskip
A 10-year-old trick-or-treater in South Carolina pulled a pistol on a neighbor who teased that she was going to take his candy on Halloween, The Aiken Standard reports.

An Aiken, S.C., police report says the 28-year-old woman told authorities she recognized a group of boys making the rounds on Halloween and jokingly threatened to take away their candy.

According to the report, one 10-year-old responded by saying, "No you're not …" and then pointed a 9mm handgun at her, The Augusta Chronicle reports.

The Chronicle quotes police Lt. David Turno as saying there was no clip in the gun, but that the boy had one in his possession. His brother, police say, was also armed.

The gunman was turned over to the custody of his parents, the Standard says. Turno says the boys got their weapons from their grandfather without permission, the newspaper reports.
Just goes to prove what I've always believed...9mm is for children and wimps! :naughty:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chronicle quotes police Lt. David Turno as saying there was no clip in the gun, but that the boy had one in his possession. His brother, police say, was also armed.

I wonder if it had a magazine in it though?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All joking aside, this is a very disturbing report. Obviously the boy had no clue as to the gravity of his offense, and his parents should be taken to task for failing to educate him about firearms safety. Or his grandfather for failing to secure the firearm. Jeepers.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And one more bullet in the "clip" of anti-gun lobbiers. Awesome.

Way to make responsible gun owners look bad, as usual. And I'm not talking about the news report, which was refreshingly unbiased. I'm talking about the herp derp
that failed to lock the guns up or teach their kids about gun safety.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom